04-11-2012 04:21 PM
Is there a Webroot secureanywhere removal tool? I seem to have a broken install. I was messing with deployment tools testing the msi deployment.
Webroot secureanywhere is running, I see the icon and can open it. It's not showing up in the console online though. I tried using the msi /x option to remove it but it tells me that it's only valid for products that are currently installed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-11-2012 04:47 PM - edited 04-11-2012 04:49 PM
Welcome to the Webroot Community!
For instructions on booting into Safe Mode, click here.
1. Follow the correct steps for your Operating System.
• Click Start, then click Run. In the Run window, type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), then press Enter on your keyboard.
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
• Click Start, or the Windows icon. In the Search field, type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), then press Enter on your keyboard.
2. Select Webroot SecureAnywhere, then click Uninstall/Remove.
3. Confirm any messages regarding uninstalling the program.
4. Once the uninstall process has finished, restart the computer.
If any problems remain, please let us know and we will continue to assist.
04-12-2012 09:31 AM
I have always been able to get into safe mode until after this secureanywhere client was installed. Now if I go to safe mode, the computer just reboots as i'm typing my password to log in...
Is there another way to remove the product?
04-12-2012 09:53 AM
After safe mode didn't work, I tried to uninstall normally, and it actually worked this time.
I then rebooted and reinstalled using this command
msiexec.exe /i "wsasme.msi" GUILIC=mykey /qn /L*v C:\temp\wrinstall.log
It installs ok but never shows up in my console. Any idea why?
04-13-2012 03:02 AM
Thanks you for contacting Webroot. I do have a few suggestions that you can try to help resolve this however due to the complexity and nature of these instructions I would suggest that you go to the following URL to open a ticket -
Look forward to hearing from you,
Copyright 2004 - 2013 Webroot Inc.