02-06-2012 01:53 PM
Hopefully Webroot Support can help us fix the problem..Outpost is widely used firewall once again and "Analyze Search" is only thing that does not work, all other features appear to work correctly in Antivirus..
02-06-2012 01:59 PM
I am currently researching this for you all and will reply back shortly.
Thanks for your patience.
02-06-2012 02:07 PM - edited 02-06-2012 02:07 PM
I can give you more info if you need it on my setup in Outpost
02-06-2012 05:42 PM
I sent you a Private Message a little while ago. Please reply back to that message so that I can investigate the issue further.
02-06-2012 06:26 PM
did not have profile setup to notify on private message, was not turned on by default, had to turn it on..
02-07-2012 11:49 AM
Ok, so just to let you know I just checked your Ticket and our team is currently analyzing your logs and I will reply back to this thread as soon as they can figure out the best approach to resolve the issue. You will also receive an email with instructions as well.
Thanks for your patientce,
02-07-2012 05:50 PM
Just as I had suspected, the issue is being caused by a conflict with the Content Filtering feature in Outpost and the Search Results analysis feature in SecureAnywhere. The conflict arises due to the fact that Content Filtering feature in Outpost is accessing the same data as the Search Results analysis that SecureAnywhere uses.
The Search Results Analysis feature that SecureAnywhere uses is different from the Outpost Content Filtering system, in that SecureAnywhere provides you with a visual annotation of the security of a link.
The current solution for this issue is to disable only the Content Filtering option within Outpost rather than the entire program. To disable content filtering click on settings from the main Outpost interface, go to Application Rules and then double click on whichever browser is being used. Click on the options tab and select disable filtering. Once you have done so you can re-enable the Search Results analysis feature in SecureAnywhere.
I hope that this information explains the issue better and if you have any further questions, please let me know.
Thanks again for your patience,
02-09-2012 10:55 PM
Sorry Busy with Real Life past few days
Tried what you suggested and Webroot Support Suggest same thing, still does not work.
Disabling Content Filtering on Internet Explorer 9.0 did not work. That is only browser I am using.
But I can try FireFox or Chrome if you like.
? What Settings did you have outpost set at ?
Here is my Network Setup
Cable Modem - Scientic Altanta
Dlink DI-604e Firewall/Router
Outpost is setup like this for me
General - ImproveNet - Rules Creation "Auto Create and Update Rules" and "Auto create Rules for Applilication Signed by Trusted Vendors"
Firewall - Rules Wizard -
Attack Detection - Max - also block intruder subnet
AntiSpyware - disabled via machine.ini
Proactive Protection -
Anti-Leak - Max
System Guard enabled and Application Guard enabled which list Browsers
Webcontrol - Allowed for Everything, Block Java, Flash, Advertisments-replace with ad text, SiteBlocking Enabled, Spyware embeed in pages - Block
Once again I can try a different browsers,
also I am waiting to hear back from Agnitum themselves..They are also looking over the log files from outpost that I have sent them..Should hear something back from them in a couple of days hopefully..
02-13-2012 03:41 PM
I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you. One of our Team Mebers has replicated the settings that you had posted and was able to see Webroot's annoted search results do load. I would suggest that you first try uninstalling and reinstalling Outpost as per the instructions How to Uninstall Outpost
02-15-2012 07:16 PM
Sorry for not answering soonier
Thanks for all your help
But I have found the cause I think of what is happening
I disable filtering on Internet Explorer and it works. has long has Outpost Auto Update Rules are not enabled. Once a New IE rule is updated by Outpost, filtering becomes enabled once again.
If Auto Update Rules are turned off and trusted vendors are unchecked, then disable filtering keep in place for Internet Explorer.
But downside to this is that Outpost Web Control get disabled in IE at least some of features like ad blocking, flash, java, etc.
I will just disable the search features in WSA and keep my outpost web protection, either way if site is harmful or malicious Webroot will still block it, if Outpost does not.
Thanks for all your help
Copyright 2004 - 2013 Webroot Inc.