Solved

My First steps with WSA-C

Userlevel 6
Good Morning America !
Yesterday, thanks to @ who gives me a great help in another topic
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Get-the-Best-Deal-on-Antivirus-Protection/td-p/39204/page/3
I have installed WRA-C and activated my Online Account with success:D
One of my devices is an old "Centrino" Notebook and after uninstalling my previous free AV and installing WRA-C, I was very pleased to see that it had given a new lease of life to my old machine :D
Thanks for this amazing product !
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 23 June 2013, 18:20

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 7
Another satisfied user singing the praise. :D  Thanks for your kind words, really appreciated.

As for your experience with the old notebook, it is another proof that WSA is the lightest but efficient security product ever. ;)

These kinds of posts are really exceptional on other forums. Well done Webroot! :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Good Morning America !
Yesterday, thanks to @ who gives me a great help in another topic
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Get-the-Best-Deal-on-Antivirus-Protection/td-p/39204/page/3
I have installed WRA-C and activated my Online Account with success:D
One of my devices is an old "Centrino" Notebook and after uninstalling my previous free AV and installing WRA-C, I was very pleased to see that it had given a new lease of life to my old machine :D
Thanks for this amazing product !
I was wondering how it all turned out... Looks like it all turned out great!

:)

I hope now that it is working you don't run off... stick around here, its a great place to learn more and have some fun too!
Userlevel 6
Hi pegas & David
Now I have to discover all the wonderful and amazing features of WSA-C and then tame them;)
This forum is very useful for me, because  it helps me to use WSA-C and I can also improve my English:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear that you are another happy customer! Profitez-en et ravi de vous rencontrer!

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Great to hear that you are another happy customer! Profitez-en et ravi de vous rencontrer!

Cheers,

Daniel
Merci beaucoup Daniel ;)
A bientôt,
Robert

Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cheers,

Daniel
Merci beaucoup Daniel ;)
A bientôt,
Robert

Dieu merci, nous avons Google Translate :D
Userlevel 6
Hi all,
Since I'm using WSA-C I've an almost metaphysical question that bothering me !
I've already used various AV and all were updated regurlarly by downloading definitions several times per day, so I wonder how can WSA-C be very effective ?
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cheers,

Daniel
Merci beaucoup Daniel ;)
A bientôt,
Robert

:robotlol:
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
so I wonder how can WSA-C be very effective ?
Easily. It connects to the cloud database. ;) It is very innovative and efficient approach.
Userlevel 6
Hi pegas,
As I say in another topic I'm not a Geek.
I don't understand very well how works this cloud database ???
Userlevel 7
Sorry Robert for my brevity but I am doing multiple things at once.

Simply saying, AV database you are used to from the conventional security solutions is placed in the cloud (what are in fact Webroot servers all around the world) and WSA applications installed on customers machines connect to this cloud to check the reputation of the checked files. WSA scans files on execution, so if you run an executable file or an application triggers other files to run WSA scans these files and checks their reputation with the cloud.
Userlevel 6
Thanks+++ pegas for these explanations !

PS: Great question, how can I paste a screen copy into a post ? 😉
Userlevel 7
Robert, video named Cloud antivirus protection vs. traditional antivirus protection on this site will give you more info.

Just to add, WSA stores some AV definition for the off-line purposes but there are also other things which play a role like heuristics etc.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
PS: Great question, how can I paste a screen copy into a post ? ;)
Use Insert/edit image (icon of tree) from the menu when writing a post.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Robert, video named Cloud antivirus protection vs. traditional antivirus protection on this site will give you more info.

Just to add, WSA stores some AV definition for the off-line purposes but there are also other things which play a role like heuristics etc.
Thanks again pegas for these very informative videos !
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Cheers,

Daniel
Merci beaucoup Daniel ;)
A bientôt,
Robert

Oui! 😉 But I'm French Canadian but my Parents never spoke to us kids in French at home and then we would of got English when we went to school but I do know some words. :(

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Hi
WSA-C is really amazing and you are very friendly and competent !
So I purchased it for 2 years ! :D 
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
And I'm sure we'll see you again in another 2 years for a seemless renewal 😃 Thanks for your comments, we really appreciate the feedback.
Userlevel 6
But only if you fully protect my PCs from all viruses and other malwares:D
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Well that will be easy with myself and the rest of Threat Research making determinations while WSA journals all current activity to be rolled back if necessary - couldn't be safer! ;)
Userlevel 6
Hi
I have the impression that since its installatio WSA-C works faster every day and also that it even less slows down my PCs.
I don't know if I'm objective or subjective ?
Userlevel 7
Yes, it is surely faster and lighter because WSA learned all your programs which were checked in the cloud when they were run for the first time. Now WSA knows that these executables were already checked and thus WSA leaves them intact and draws attention only to newly seen files.
Userlevel 6
Hi all the community,
I would like to apologise for having launched a controversy here:
http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/What-can-happen-whitout-Internet/td-p/43376
I didn't know that it was a such sensitive issue.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
No need to apologise for asking a perfectly logical question - these are the unplanned situations I would expect to be brought up first hand since Webroot's determinations are stored primarily in the cloud. It also gives us another chance to explain our many other strong features including low kernel level protection, journaling / rollback as well as USB / CD / DVD protection.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yes, it is surely faster and lighter because WSA learned all your programs which were checked in the cloud when they were run for the first time. Now WSA knows that these executables were already checked and thus WSA leaves them intact and draws attention only to newly seen files.
I'd like to differ. I found nothing that would suggest WSA being faster as time goes by. Yes I understand WSA learning all my programs and everything, and thus will run faster. Sadly I only found that to be the case only in theory.