Solved

Options completely missing from program

• 1 December 2012
  • 1 reply

I'm running Win 8 and SecureAnywhere Complete 2013. I'm looking at the PDF manual and under PC Security>Firewall>Firewall is On or Off, below that there should be 4 options. Allow all processes..., Warn if any new...etc. In my app there's nothing. Only the Firewall is On or Off button. And it's not like the buttons should be there but are greyed out or something. There's about a half inch of white space below the Firewall On button then a line as if the options were never meant to be there. Further, when I click on View Network Applications, the Allow or Deny buttons are completely missing.  Rendering any type of customization impossible.

I haven't looked through the whole manual but I'm guessing other things are missing too becasue basically all I have is On and Off buttons throughout the entire program with few exceptions.

Can someone explain what's going on? I've used Kaspersky for 10 years and finally switched to Webroot due to Kaspersky's complete lack of support. But they did have a pretty solid program. I love Webroot'ss support, courtesy and quick responses but I gotta have a full program. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 1 December 2012, 20:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello tevamarc and Welcome to the Webroot community Forums.

This is actually normal for Win 8 have a look at this thread from Wilders as we had a discussion about it: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=335773

PrevxHelp also known as JoeJ here is the V.P. of Devolpment.

HTH,

TH