AGENT FIXES IN BUILD 8.0.8.88 - May 6th 2015

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies

Fixed
  • Fixed crash with Windows 10.
Changed
  • Modified state and messaging for expiring business PC endpoints.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
ah good, glad to hear that solved it!  Once Win10 launches I'm sure there's some compatibility checking that we and all the other apps will go through so that PCA doesn't barf.
I tracked down an article on disabline Program Compatibility on Windows 10.  I just did that and installed again and so far so good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I haven't actually heard of your specific situation - usually PCA complains at install, and if you get by that then you are ok.  What happens if you try to re-enable Webroot?
I assumed it wasn't officially supported but saw other posts from you where you mentioned you were trying to make it work where possible.  Do you have any hints on how I can make it work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We don't officially support Windows 10 yet, since it's still in Beta - we have heard reports of the Program Compatibility Assistant jumping in and preventing Webroot from running in some cases.
I am having an issue when I try and install Webroot on the latest Windows 10 Preview Build it pops up for a few seconds, then it tells me Windows Defender is turned off, then that Webroot is turned off.  Then Webroot no longer shows up and I see the Windows Defender icon back in the system tray.