AGENT FIXES IN PC BUILD 9.0.12.52 - September 27th 2016

• 27 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies

When we release a version update, it is load balanced across our global user base. As such, it can take up to 72 hours to apply to all endpoints.

Fixed
  • Bug fixes.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
LOL, that's pretty vague of a changlog.

is there anything more detailed we can get that shows what actually has been changed or fixed? That way, I'm better able to document software updates and changes across our entire Webroot user base should something arise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah we've had to get pretty vague to keep the malware writers in the dark. We used to give more specifics but that would clue them in to our latest moves in the cat and mouse game so we've had to stop doing that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
I can understand that, but is there an internal method of receiving this?

Maintaining thousands of endpoints and when updates like this begin to propagate across my 2 GSM's I'd like to be kept abreast of anything and everythign that's changed. That way, if a client or a field tech contacts us with an issue, at least we know there have been some changes made somewhere and can make a relation if needed. And we have a place to start on what's different.

John
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We do inform you if it's something that would be relevant to deployment or policy or other issues. Most of the ones that say "bug fixes" just means there's new methods of detecting ransomware or other malware, but it doesn't change anything on the user or management side. The updates that are probably the most relevant are the console ones anyway.