• 6752 replies

Added
  • New agent status data value.
  • Aligned agent states.
Updated
  • Default settings.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
When is the mac agent expected to support polocies from the portal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's still on the roadmap to add, but we don't have a firm date for it - the top priority for us right now is Windows 10 compatibility.  Once we get past that I might be able to get a firmer answer.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the reply, can you point me to a document that shows what is supported for each agent type? -rbh
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You mean for Mac vs PC vs Android?
Userlevel 1
I use the MSP portal, or GMS you may call it, I would like to specifically know what is supported, as far as manageability, in the portal for MAC vs. PC. -rbh
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I checked in the endpoint user manual but it doesn't seem to address that specifically.  Let me see what I can find from the folks here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Talked to some folks here - basically the Mac version does the scanning and you can issue console commands, but the other functionality that the PC has isn't covered.  We are working on adding some of those, but the install base for Mac isn't that high so the priorities on those features is adjusted accordingly.  I'm sure you have the similar frustration with AD and all the other difficulties of rolling out Mac in the enterprise 🙂
Userlevel 1
Yes. Indeed. Thank you for your reply.
I just installed Webroot SecureAnywhere Business client on my Macs running Mavericks & Yosemite. The default settings disable some of Adobe's keyboard shortcuts, such as Illustrator's Hand Tool selection using the space bar among others. I found this link and tried the fix and it works although it sets Webroot into "Red Mode" which is less than optimal.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1563256

Is there no way to set a policy for Apple Mac agents to disable "Secure Keyboard Entry" under Advanced Settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you disable it then there's no way to remove the red mode, as that means all of the keylogger protection is turned off. If you contact our support team then they might be able to tell you more and find a way to make the shortcuts for that software stop being blocked.