Solved

Confirmation of 8.0.4.24 release to business

• 8 November 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello,
Was there a post about the release of 8.0.4.24 to business customers?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 11 November 2013, 17:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Here you go! https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Discussions/Product-Update-Bulletin-11-07-13/td-p/66911#.UoASXvnktCg
Hi,
We have been experiencing some problems with 8.0.4.24 running 100% CPU usage. I notice 8.0.4.27 has been released and is now being distributed - was this as a result of the issues with .24 and should this provide a fix to the problems?

Steve
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Hi,
We have been experiencing some problems with 8.0.4.24 running 100% CPU usage. I notice 8.0.4.27 has been released and is now being distributed - was this as a result of the issues with .24 and should this provide a fix to the problems?

Steve
The build shouldn't affect CPU usage, rather some applications could be monitored by WSA. Can you PM me your license key and hostname of the PC in question and I will look into this for you.

Thanks!
EamonF
I have the same experiense with 100% cpu usage on several of my servers, (12 servers).
The problem goes away after a reboot. But i had to hardreset some servers to be abel to logon 😞.

Can confirm We have observed 100% CPU on several servers here as well. Reboot or restart of webroot seems to have resolved it.
Userlevel 7
Thank you all for the additional information and for your patience. We are investigating the issue and working on a resolution. 

Update: 
This issue relates to high CPU of the system during the learning scan where WSA was trying to scan some very high-RAM processes for file infectors which was taking a considerable amount of time due to large amounts of RAM allocated on the systems.

We have subsequently resolved the issue in the agent version 8.0.4.27 and no further action is required by the administrator should automatic updates be turned on.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and are working on mitigating this type of issue for future releases of our product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thank you Mike.