New 9.0.26.50 showing up on endpoints

Userlevel 3
Today I have about 20% of my endpoints showing a 9.0.26.50 version of Webroot but can't find any announcement on the version list changes and such.

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28
All of my endpoints finally got 9.0.24.49 just a few days ago. I'm also subscribed to the entire Business Product Releases forum, so any new thread I should be notified about. Like @jdkoerner, I haven't seen anything about a new version. Although, I haven't had any endpoints update to a new version either. @LLiddell or @freydrew, do you have any input on this version? Also, can we get our endpoints updated faster? I understand the need for a staggered rollout, but I shouldn't be getting completely updated right before a new version comes out.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I will ping @JGiffard as well! Interesting to see 9.0.26.50 version out! Also @jdkoerner could you of worked with support and they gave you a pre-beta release or an alpha version build?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Thanks and good points @TripleHelix.
Userlevel 3
I do have a SR in about some network share issues but was not informed that anything was being pushed out to me related to the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I do have a SR in about some network share issues but was not informed that anything was being pushed out to me related to the problem.
I would suggest you contact Webroot Business Support as that build should not be out at this time.

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

All business protection products
Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)
Open a support ticket
1-866-254-8400

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Just curious, do you know what the SR stands for @TripleHelix?

Special Release
Support Release
Sucker Release
Stuxnet Release
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Just curious, do you know what the SR stands for @TripleHelix?

Special Release
Support Release
Sucker Release
Stuxnet Release

Nope I don't work for Webroot. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Unless someone from Webroot responds, I'm going with Stuxnet Release. 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Unless someone from Webroot responds, I'm going with Stuxnet Release. 😂
Oh, Oh! I better turn off my centrifuges!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28
In World Tech News: The first new version of Webroot since Carbonite's acquisition was released. Revolting has begun and one plant has already been demolished due to the Stuxnet Release. Tonight at 11, will this affect Global Warming. Now back to the weather on 1s and then sports. 🤣

Userlevel 3
SR = Support Request
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I kinda figured that @jdkoerner, but thanks for confirming. It was nice to joke about it though.
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
Today I have about 20% of my endpoints showing a 9.0.26.50 version of Webroot but can't find any announcement on the version list changes and such.

That is an alpha version which is not GA Release, which means at some point you may have downloaded an alpha version to these machines and the local registry has that grabword and is updating ahead of GA. I do not have an ETA on when/if that version is being released, but that's the only way those endpoints would be getting that version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

That is an alpha version which is not GA Release, which means at some point you may have downloaded an alpha version to these machines and the local registry has that grabword and is updating ahead of GA. I do not have an ETA on when/if that version is being released, but that's the only way those endpoints would be getting that version.

Thanks Shane!
Userlevel 3

I did have a pre-release or alpha version of 9.0.24.49 for a while because of CPU spiking issue so that may of been were the registry setting came from.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
@coscooper I've been told of a feature that will be added in version 9.0.26.50. The feature sounds nice, but if added and turned on by default could devastate my network. I realize you can't give me a release date. However, I'm getting ready to be out for about a month and I'm our companies only IT person and I don't want this activating while I'm out. Is there anyway to suspend updating till I return and can implement it properly?

Thanks,
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
@NicCrockett best way to stop updates is in the policy setting assigned to the endpoints. Under Basic Configurations, there's the Automatically download and apply updates setting. Turn that off.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Awesome, thanks @coscooper!
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Hey folks,

It does look like the version is one of those on the QA release stream rather than a variant given out for customer production use. They are given out to customers to confirm a fix. I would strongly advise that they are then removed and replaced with the shipping production version once it is released.

The feature which @NicCrockett mentions will be off by default.
Userlevel 3
TOOT TOOT!! Looks like the upgrade train is cranking right along. Had a 9.0.26.51 show up today. Got a support call in to see what's up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
TOOT TOOT!! Looks like the upgrade train is cranking right along. Had a 9.0.26.51 show up today. Got a support call in to see what's up.

Those endpoints need to be reinstalled with the release version v9.0.24.49 via your online console or at the endpoint: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=2235 If you need help please Contact Webroot Business Support: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

All business protection products
Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)
Open a support ticket
Tel: 1-866-254-8400

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I'd like to thank @JGiffard for responding to me and putting me at ease about the new feature I referred to earlier. It sounds great and based on his response, Webroot has done an excellent job implementing it into the software to keep what I was worried about from happening.

Thanks to the Webroot team for their hard work and to @JGiffard and @coscooper for responding to me about this.

Sincerely,