Product Update Bulletin: Global Site Manager Update

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
We have been working diligently to improve the Global Site Management console, and we are happy to announce we will be releasing the first of several updates on March 6, 2018. For your convenience, there will be several important navigation changes in the release:
  • The ability to create and manage groups will be available in the Global Site Manager console under the Groups tab, which has replaced the Devices tab.
  • The buttons to change and rename your console can be found by clicking the dropdown near the console name in the upper right corner.
  • All documentation can now be found under the question mark icon, in addition to the option to raise a new ticket with support.
More information on forthcoming updates can be found in the full bulletin.

See Full Product Bulletin Here!

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
It looks good.
Well done
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Looks great! 

But the new Groups tab is not showing all devices.
We have + 2000 devices but when browsing devices using Groups we see less than 500. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Looks good!

I did submit to tickets to support for some buggy behavior:

1. If I am working in a site, and choose support, I get popped out to the documentation page instead of the support portal

2. Since the support portal opens in a new tab, if I do anything except for create or manage tickets, I get forcibly logged out from the GSM Console in both tabs.

Jesse
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
The Layout is nice and clean, but I have to be honest, I miss the previous colour coding definitions for on and off which was very nicely defined with green and red. Now it's blended together and doesn't stand out so much anymore. The icons also does not seem very crisp and clear. to me, a bit shaggy around the edges. I think I prefer the previous more defined icons. The font too does not seems so nice. Other web pages seems fine, just the new Webroot one does not seem as crisp anymore. It's almost like I'm looking at a screenshot that have been taken. Anyone else ovserving this?
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Support has fixed these two issues - thanks for the quick work!

Userlevel 1
@wrote:
The Layout is nice and clean, but I have to be honest, I miss the previous colour coding definitions for on and off which was very nicely defined with green and red. Now it's blended together and doesn't stand out so much anymore. The icons also does not seem very crisp and clear. to me, a bit shaggy around the edges. I think I prefer the previous more defined icons. The font too does not seems so nice. Other web pages seems fine, just the new Webroot one does not seem as crisp anymore. It's almost like I'm looking at a screenshot that have been taken. Anyone else ovserving this?

Hey @ - many thanks for the feedback!

Could you let us know which browser and version you are using when you experience the jaggy fonts / icons - as this is definitely not expected.  Any screenshots, etc, you could provide might also help us to diagnose the issue.

Many thanks!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
First thing I missed whas where the heck did the back to sites button go to? Figured it out after poking around a bit. Whose bright idea was it to hide it under another menu? Adding yet another click to find what used to be right in front of me. Not a fan, please put it back.

Also, looks like the same person was incharge of moving the support button that used to be right in front of me while in a clients site making it easy to submit a support ticket while working a clients account. Not a fan, please put it back.

Why destroy easy access and functionaity? I'm all for fixing bugs, although these items were not bothersome to have right in front of me. Now they are hidden under another menu. Does not flow well at all.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I agree - the back to sites thing is a little cumbersome that way.  I'm hoping they're going to put your sites in that dropdown so you can jump from site to site without having to jump back to the main page. 

The support feature was handy as a tab, but in its new home, it isn't much different from many other systems/platforms.  

I really like the new Groups tab that replaced devices - I am hoping to see some more functionality around that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Really liking the new Groups Tab at the root of GSM - a decent amount of functionality there - hope to see more in the future!
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Hey @,

Thanks for your reply, and my apologies for my late reply.
To answer your question, I was using Chrome. I think I actually found the problem as it has been better since. I had set the option in Windows 'Adjust for best Performance' which actually turns off Font Smoothing. I didn't really notice much difference with anything else except for the Webroot page which had the really thin icons. I ticked the 'Smooth edges of screen fonts' option under the 'Performance Options' >  Visual Effects, and it has been better since. The setting is for fonts, but it seems to affect icons as well, unless it was just sheer co-incidence. Anyhow, it's better now.

PS. I do however really miss the old more defined buttons and icons. This may not be a big deal for other people, but I'm visually orientated, so I find management software easier to navigate when there's defined colours such as red for 'OFF', or green for 'ON'. It's not critical, but it definately slows me down if it's all the same colours or tone of colours.

The other thing that would be really handy is, if the row the mouse hovers on is highlighted so as to help one's eyes to see the correct button or options for each line, rather than to have to double check each time in case one clicks the wrong button next to the wrong option. These are little fiddly things, but they are very practical and help speed up management tasks, especially for visually orientated people like myself. : )
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
@wrote:
"..I'm hoping they're going to put your sites in that dropdown so you can jump from site to site without having to jump back to the main page." 

I definately second that. It is quite frustrating sometimes when one has to make changes to a few sites, and you are, for example, on the 'Group Management' Page of a Site, and you'd like to go to the next Site, it's rather a painful process! At the moment the drop down shows 'Back to Sites' but if it had a list of other sites, or a filter search box to pick a site, that would be really helpful! 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@

Here is the suggestion/feature request if you want to go give it a kudos:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Switching-Sites/idi-p/299217
Userlevel 1
Hey everyone,

Many thanks for all the feedback so far - it's all being taken on board and rolled into our future plans where applicable, so please keep it coming!

In answer to a couple of the queries:

• Console Selection > It is in our current plans to offer a "Quick Console Switcher" as already described, which should allow all users to quickly jump from one console to another, rather than having to navigate backwards and forwards.
  • New Groups Page > This is just the first iteration of this page, and much more functionality can be expected in our upcoming releases to expand on this.

Please don't hesitate to shout if you have any additional queries or suggestions.

Thanks!