• 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@  Can you please let us know where the download locations are for the business versions of this release?

I have downloaded from the normal locations (http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasme.exe)
and am getting the 9.0.21.18 installers.  I need to get the installers for this version for the systems we test in-house prior to deployment of a production version.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
Hi,

9.0.24.28 is not the official release.  We'll be publishing at least one more potential release candidate. 

Regards

Jonathan

Okay, now I'm really confused, @ .  Should there be a Product Release note for this when there isn't an official release?

I'm just trying to make sure that I truly know when there is a real product release, I'm working on a proper testing cycle for us here, so I need to ensure I know when an update is the real production deal (vs. anything else).
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
So, I'm still confused here. 9.0.24.28 annouced on 2018-10-31, release notes still up (saying gradual roll-out; fair enough).

But: Check for software update from within launched wrsa app does not detect any upgrade. @ says in the beta group there'll be another release. wsasme.exe download still at 9.0.21.18

So at the moment the official version is at 9.0.24.28, but all the downloads are at 9.0.21.18 and I need to dig in a beta forum to find out what is going on.

I'm all for releasing it only 'when it is ready', but please get your communication chanels sorted.
1. https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/release-notes for fully tested, actually released & available versions with option to accelerate past the 'gradual rollout' . Recalls / release has paused notices etc. go here too.
2. beta: Anything that is 'unsupported' goes in the beta group. This can be a lot more informal, but please let us know there if there's an issue, and/or you're pulling an specific beta version. Have 1 authoritative voice that will let us know the status / issues etc. We're volunteering to help, please make that easy. I'd be more than happy if I came across a message in the beta group that said: "we've found this issue [description] with version 9.0.X.Y. Please revert to release version 9.0.21.18 for now. We'll post an update here when a new beta is available."
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ - You can get the installer the pre-release evaluation builds in the private Business RC evaluation/beta group. If you do not already have access, please request it and I will let you in to the group. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ Can I confirm that the release in that group (I am a member) is the official release build you have listed? Just making sure prior to deploying internally.
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
Hi,

9.0.24.28 is not the official release.  We'll be publishing at least one more potential release candidate. 

Regards

Jonathan