Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies

47 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:

Hey @ (Anna),

Thanks for the update. Do you know how far in advance we're supposed to receive the email? i.e. 1 day? 1 week?
If I install the official last 9.0.19.43 wsasme.msi on Mac Book Pro Bootcamp with Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134.48) all is fine till Webroot Secure anywhere goes to take the update to 9.0.20.31. Webroot disapears because Windows blocks the Application. Also in Processes you'll don't find anything about wrsa.

Same Problem since a long time and webroot doesn't make anything since a long time. And yes I've spent allready a long time with > support Ticket > online support on the Pc > some time .... with no result at the end.
Confused by "ADDED:" "conflict with certain internal deskdrives results in Windows not shutting down" 
I would hope that, that's a typo, and maybe should have been put in the "Fixed" section.

The Netlogon is great news, although I had to reimage a few PC's before then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
If I install the official last 9.0.19.43 wsasme.msi on Mac Book Pro Bootcamp with Windows 10 Version 1803 (Build 17134.48) all is fine till Webroot Secure anywhere goes to take the update to 9.0.20.31. Webroot disapears because Windows blocks the Application. Also in Processes you'll don't find anything about wrsa.

Same Problem since a long time and webroot doesn't make anything since a long time. And yes I've spent allready a long time with > support Ticket > online support on the Pc > some time .... with no result at the end.
Hi @, we are not seeing a support ticket specific to this question. If you haven't yet opened one, please do so here, and if you have, please let us know the ticket number and our support team will assist you asap.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@ wrote:
Confused by "ADDED:" "conflict with certain internal deskdrives results in Windows not shutting down" 
I would hope that, that's a typo, and maybe should have been put in the "Fixed" section.

The Netlogon is great news, although I had to reimage a few PC's before then.
You are correct @, that should have been in the "Fixed" section. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
@, we typically send the email out a couple of weeks in advance, and then post to the Community when the release starts. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
@, we typically send the email out a couple of weeks in advance, and then post to the Community when the release starts. 
Ok, thanks Anna! We'll see if we get an email prior to the release this time.
Hi Anna you can take a look at #117884. It's closed because we thought some days to have a solution. But we have'nt. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Ok, thanks Anna! We'll see if we get an email prior to the release this time.
We will await as well.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:

Hey @,

I just wanted to comment that we also have this issue in our environment. When I saw your comment I remembered that we also had a MacBook Pro running Boot Camp with Windows 10 Version 1803, and wanted to see if the beta would work on it. Well, it didn't, and to make things worse, we couldn't go back to the previous version either, at least not the way we normally install it. We had to install the current version (9.0.19.43) from the command line using these switches '/silent /noupd'.

We've had this issue before on this machine, and it was a nightmare trying to work with Webroot Support. We had the case open for a little over a year and they couldn't get Webroot installed on this machine. After about 2-3 months of the case being open, we stopped getting any communication from Support and I had to keep checking in from time to time to see if they had a fix so we could get Webroot installed on this machine - nothing... until a little over a year later we get the Fall Creators Update installed on this machine and somehow magically we were able to get Webroot installed on there. Because of this experience, we were considering switching to another AV.

I'm also hesitant to write Support because of the nightmare we had with this issue last time. I wrote @.giffard in the Beta group for the Business Community here - https://community.webroot.com/t5/WSA-Release-Candidate-PC-Group/Now-available-WSA-9-0-20-XX-BETA/gpm-p/320325/highlight/true#M139

I'm hoping he can pass this info to the devs so that we don't have to go through another painful Support experience.
Hi Webgroot 

Thanks for your explanation of the same situation about Mac Book Pro and Webroot. Nearly the exact same situation than here.

I found out this weekend, that if you take the last wsasme.msi, you can make a right click on it and choose DEINSTALLATION and that is the easiest way. 

The support team reopened my case. See what happens. Also be a member now for beta group. Let's see.

And by the way: we have much installations and often we have a win10 that has no webroot on it that it was there yesterday. 
Userlevel 3
Lol,webgroot,cool 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
Lol,webgroot,cool ;-)
Thanks @! I think my username used to be Gigabyte originally, but when I saw that Webgroot was available I went ahead and changed it. I think it's much cooler, and plus I love Groot (especially baby Groot) 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
@Anna,

I'm dissapointed to report that the majority of our users received this version (9.0.20.31), and we did not receive any prior email notification. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I hear you @, and will share your feedback with the team. 
Userlevel 3
Looks like we are about 60%-70% updated and I also did not get any email about the update.  The only reason I knew about it was from being subscribed to the announcements in the forum.

Jim
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I beleive that I am seeing the same thing. I do not recollect having rec'd an email alerting of the update to my client base specifially.

It has happened in this manner previously (no notification, auto updating to current release) which appears to be what I am experiencing now.

Thanks,
Jeff
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
I hear you @, and will share your feedback with the team. 
Thank you, as always.
Badge
Thank you so much for raising this.  

I'm a product marketing manager here at Webroot, and improving the capture rate for our Product Bulletins is one of my pet projects.  I've made several changes to the process, including how we pull data for the email send, but there is clearly still some room for improvement.

You should be receiving an email a week or two prior to updates from ProductUpdates@webroot.com.  We have seen issues in the past where spam filters catch the email and move it to a different folder (not always spam).  Gmail-based email systems and those using Barracuda seem to have the most trouble receiving our updates.  

If you haven't been receiving the emails, and feel like you should have, please DM me your email address, and I'll look into it further.  

And, thank you for helping us improve our communication flow.

Best
amber
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I don't get any update email either, even I keep receiving notification about Webinar from Webroot. So, no, our antispam filters don't block Webroot emails. I also double manually checked, but again, no update email from webroot.com.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
Thank you so much for raising this.  

I'm a product marketing manager here at Webroot, and improving the capture rate for our Product Bulletins is one of my pet projects.  I've made several changes to the process, including how we pull data for the email send, but there is clearly still some room for improvement.

You should be receiving an email a week or two prior to updates from ProductUpdates@webroot.com.  We have seen issues in the past where spam filters catch the email and move it to a different folder (not always spam).  Gmail-based email systems and those using Barracuda seem to have the most trouble receiving our updates.  

If you haven't been receiving the emails, and feel like you should have, please DM me your email address, and I'll look into it further.  

And, thank you for helping us improve our communication flow.

Best
amber
@ @

This is the same for us. We have received no e-mail notification of a new product release. We are also highly concerned as a company that we received no notification of the issues that necessitated this release (Netlogon crashes, SMB share issues, File Explorer/Chrome software issues causing serious performance impact), which would have given us the jump on troubleshooting and notifying our clients of potential impact. We spent a week troubleshooting multiple issues, when it turns out they were known by others and Webroot.

Anna, Amber, we desperately need some form of e-mail feed that communicates with partners. It needs to communicate the following:

• Any new product release (or, if there are current issues with a release, beta/RC releases)
  • Any discovered issue that could lead to potential client impact, being experienced in the wild
  • Any remediation or steps being taken to resolve such a discovered issue.
  • Any ETA to resolution times (or time updates) on the steps being taken
We need this to be consistent, on time, and clear. It might (depending on partner opinion) be useful to also automatically create a forum topic when particular announcements are made for comment, so that this is also linked in the e-mail for immediate discussion and troubleshooting information from other Webroot partners. Such a process would greatly increase customer confidence in Webroot if done properly and consistently (assuming issues are resolved in a timely fashion).  We have over a thousand endpoints spread across multiple clients, and this is a sore need.  I can't stress enough how important this is to us as your client; I hope this will be discussed internally.
We never received an email and now we have several endpoints on 9.0.20.31.    I do get Webroot emails so I don't think the issue is on my end.   
We had and now have the same issue again! Have reported this to Support.

With the impending demise of Windows 7 we really need Webroot to work otherwise we will start looking for another solution.
Userlevel 1
Badge +6
We're seeing issues with Windows 7 clients where the plugin appears to be frequently crashing IE. Disabling Webroot brings back functionality. Tesing pushing out a policy with just the web shield disabled.
Badge
DTMT - I shot you an email at the address you provided. I think I fixed the problem and want to coordinate a test with you to be sure.