Product Update: PC Agent Version 9.0.20.31

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies

47 replies

Badge
@ @ @ @

We made some changes on our end with our most recent Product Bulletin. 

Can you please confirm you received the bulletin on your end?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I rec'd the below at 9:15 this morning via email:

Webroot SecureAnywhere® Agent
Overview
Over the next several weeks, we will be making a variety of improvements to efficacy and general performance for the SecureAnywhere® DNS Protection and Mac and Windows-based
Endpoint Protection agents, including Web Threat Shield. 
As each agent is updated, detailed release notes will be published to our support page.  Look for PC Agent 9.0.21.x, Mac Agent 9.0.8.x, or DNS Agent 1.2.2.x. 
What to Expect
We will be releasing updates in a staggered fashion over the next several weeks. Mac agents will be updated first, followed by Microsoft® Windows® agents. Customers who have licensed DNS Protection will receive updated agents later in July. 
No action is necessary on your part. The updates should occur silently in the background.

Thanks,
Jeff 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
@ @ @ @

We made some changes on our end with our most recent Product Bulletin. 

Can you please confirm you received the bulletin on your end?
I do not see anything that looks like the mail mentioned.

Can you attempt to send again, and let me know what the subject line and some of the content is, so I can be sure to confirm?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Subject line says: Product Update Bulletin: Webroot Agent Updates

Email address it came from is: Product Update Bulletin: Webroot Agent Updates

Thanks,
Jeff
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Whoops, let me try that again. It appears that the email address didn't fully paste when I copied it.

email address it came from is: productupdates@webroot.com

Thanks,
Jeff
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
I received an update bulletin from ProductUpdates@webroot.com. Thanks for fixing.
So, what was the reason then?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Can confirm, I also received an update. Thank you.
Badge
@  just resent the message to you .. let me know if it's coming through!
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
@  just resent the message to you .. let me know if it's coming through!
Received and replied. :D
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
Thank you so much for raising this.  

I'm a product marketing manager here at Webroot, and improving the capture rate for our Product Bulletins is one of my pet projects.  I've made several changes to the process, including how we pull data for the email send, but there is clearly still some room for improvement.

You should be receiving an email a week or two prior to updates from ProductUpdates@webroot.com.  We have seen issues in the past where spam filters catch the email and move it to a different folder (not always spam).  Gmail-based email systems and those using Barracuda seem to have the most trouble receiving our updates.  

If you haven't been receiving the emails, and feel like you should have, please DM me your email address, and I'll look into it further.  

And, thank you for helping us improve our communication flow.

Best
amber
Hi @,

So today, I went into our console to look at something and again, it looks like our client machines were upgraded to a new version of Webroot (9.0.21.18) without us knowing... and not only that, but it's the same version as the beta I've been running for the past few weeks. So, when did the beta go live? Last I read, and maybe I missed something, we were waiting for the script shield to come to the beta. I haven't seen a post regarding this new version going live, nor an email, which I'm supposed to get prior to a new version being pushed out to our clients. There STILL appears to be something wrong with the notifications. Can you please look into this?
... we recieved the information that there will be a new version...
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
... we recieved the information that there will be a new version...
Thanks for sharing. I checked my junk email before posting and confirmed that I didn't receive any messages relating to this release. I did some more digging in the community and apparently Anna annouced the 9.0.21.18 release on the 8th of this month here - https://community.webroot.com/t5/Product-Releases/Product-Update-PC-Agent-Version-9-0-21-18/m-p/326141/highlight/true#M579, but I didn't get an email notification for it. I've yet to receive a notification prior to our clients updating to a new version... I don't even know what one would look like.
ups... I became a answer on my support ticket. Therefore I know that

Support wrote:
Hello, 

Webroot are pleased to announce the expected GA release of agent build 9.0.21.18 to production today, August 13, 2018. This release includes a resolution to the issue you have reported here. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to improve our products, enhance your Webroot experience and ensure a problem free release. For a complete list of resolved issues and new features please see our release announcements below:

and than I became another, that they have to wait a week or so, and than they released it.  
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
ups... I became a answer on my support ticket. Therefore I know that

Support wrote:
Hello, 

Webroot are pleased to announce the expected GA release of agent build 9.0.21.18 to production today, August 13, 2018. This release includes a resolution to the issue you have reported here. We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to improve our products, enhance your Webroot experience and ensure a problem free release. For a complete list of resolved issues and new features please see our release announcements below:

and than I became another, that they have to wait a week or so, and than they released it.  
It looks like that's a reply to a ticket for an issue you reported to them. You may have been one of the few that received something like that... I don't think it went out to everyone as an announcement.
yes shure

therefore I wrote in the first line: I became a answer on my support ticket. Therefore I know that
and by the way, I have stolen your webroot.gif 

Can I do that ? Thanks in advance. It's so great 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
and by the way, I have stolen your webroot.gif 

Can I do that ? Thanks in advance. It's so great :-)
Unacceptable 😉
Webgroot

I mean ... yes unacceptable

thank you very much ???
Badge
@

Could you please DM me your email address so I can look into why you arent receiving our product update notifications?  

Thanks!
amber
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
@

Could you please DM me your email address so I can look into why you arent receiving our product update notifications?  

Thanks!
amber
Done!
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@

Thanks!
amber
Done!
@,

Any updates? I haven't heard back on this since I sent you my email address...
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@

Thanks!
amber
Done!
@,

Any updates? I haven't heard back on this since I sent you my email address...
Hey @,

Just wanted to ping you again to see if there's any updates on this.