Really........ i dont see anything but 5.0.55 for the client
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try forcing an update?
did says its up to date at 5.0.55.22945
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hm, let me see what is going on.
have had a complaint in to support about the client losing connection with browser and having to restart. i had to force updates to PDQDeploy to users to even get what is current showing on the site as up to date. not happy when the owner comes complaining about webroot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What did support say about the issue?  I can see if there's an escalation going.

Also I'm told this is just an update to the proxy server on our end, so it won't change the version number on the client at all.  Sorry for the confusion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I'll ping one of our escalations folks to come take a look.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Would you be able to call in next time it's happening so we can watch it in real time?  Since it's one of those intermittent problems that's probably the best way to handle it.
sure call what number , the submit a ticket number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Call this number for WWS business support: 1-877-612-6009
or if the queue is long then email me at ntolstoshev@webroot.com and I'll see if I can grab someone quickly.
Well nic, new thing today. going to call support this is getting out of hand. see attached graphic

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the heads up and let us know what support says.
support said they could put us back on the 4 platform. which they did and said the clients would update by restart of client or restart of machine back to version 4 . i dont find that to be working.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Which part isn't working - the clients going back to 4, or just the process isn't feasible for you guys?
the client downgrade to version 4. Reboots nor restarts of the client prompt it to revert to version 4.0 client. i am playing with using PDQDeploy to remove the 5.0 clients now to see if it breaks Internet Explorer and leaves it with the proxy pointer enabled that would prevent IE from reaching websites. I have seen a client removal do that in the past since 99% of my users do not have administrative permissions on a given machine, IE is left in a crippled state with the proxy box checked and the port named but greyed out so that i cannot be change. And with the client not running.. IE goes nowhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Gotcha - well I'd suggest contacting support again.  They'll probably be able to advise you on what the problem is and save you a bit of time experimenting on your own.
Talked to Joe in support this time. He wanted a look at that error message and he also said that reverting to the 4.0 client was not necessary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool, keep us posted.
Nic,
 I think i am going to have to disagree with Joe, i seem to still have problems with the 5.0 client and will be removing them all and reinstalling the 4.0 client. when the CEO comes in and says at home he cant connect to the internet because Webroot cant find its proxy and he has to shut it off, thats a significant problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi Larry,

So sorry for the trouble you've experienced! It sounds like support needs to do some more troubleshooting, as we aren't seeing this issue with other customers so it may take some more digging. Please let them know that you are still having issues and hopefully they'll be able to get this resolved for you soon. 
I have removed all the 5.0 clients. Waiting now for any reports of problems.