Proximity Websites

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not sure what the official term is but my wife got scammed into paying £95 to renew her driving licence. It should have only been £14. The official site was down and she ended up on this one in a panic. They make it legit by offering services she doesnt really need like free replacement if lost. We tried to cancel. Under their terms we could cancel if they havent processed anything yet and we had one person clearly stalling asking questions whilst another processed it. It could be worse but still annoying. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I am sorry to hear this. Being in a “panic” and being on line are always a bad combination. Have you talked to your credit card company to see if you can contest the bill? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I am sorry to hear this. Being in a “panic” and being on line are always a bad combination. Have you talked to your credit card company to see if you can contest the bill? 

She paid with the bank and its annoying good enough to get extra services to make it legit but blooming annoying. Water under the bridge as they say.