Anybody else having trouble processing Turbo Tax payments online?

• 12 April 2015
  • 3 replies

Despite getting Geek Squad remote access assistance this morning, saying that the problem was on Turbo Taxes' end, I still am getting an error message that anti-virus software is blocking my payment.  Please advise & thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What symptoms or error messages do you get when you try to process your payment?

Also, have you talked to Turbotax's support yet?
Yes, called Turbo Tax, talking to an automated system and left message because they were too busy to talk with me. It's been over half hour & still haven't heard back. The error I rcvd eluded to my Internet connection, which is fine, so the problem is on their end. After two years in a row having issues with them, I'm done using their software. Never again...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah they're probably pretty busy at this time of year.  I used to work at Intuit (on the QuickBooks side) and the teams do mantadory overtime during tax season. 

If you're worried that Webroot is interfering, you can temporarily disable it to rule out that as a problem.  The other things you could try is a different web broswer, and/or trying to connect from a different Internet connection.

The other option is you could post on the TurboTax forums.  They have a lot of employees posting answers on there, as well as a community of volunteer experts who might be able to suggest a solution.