Solved

Apps created with G.D.G. "HTML Executable" are flaged as Trojan Horses. Why?

• 7 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I recently created an application with a tool I have been using for years. HTML Executable (by G.D.G. Software) is a tool used to create eBooks or stand-alone applications from HTML code.

The application that I created was a compilation of HTML web pages that comprised an eBook. After creating the application, I code signed it. Afterward, I submitted it to www.virustotal.com, where it passed with flying colors.

However, during my testing of the application, I was shocked to see my anti-virus (Webroot) flag the application that I created as a Trojan Horse. I have since reached out to Webroot several times over the past couple of days and received no response whatsoever.

Please tell me how I can get someone to look into to this false positive and white-list my application.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 7 February 2020, 03:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @percy_b 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this issue and the inconvenience that this has caused you.

It can take Webroot Support up to 48 hours to respond to your Support Ticket. If you want to call the Support Team you can reach them during business hours M-F. you might be on hold for awhile so let me ping @freydrew who is our Community Manager to see if he can speed this support ticket up for you. He should be in the Community Forum around 10 am (MST).

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Hope this helps?

Badge +1

Hi Ssherjj,

Thank you for your response.

Well, it’s been 96 hours now and I still haven’t heard back from Webroot’s Technical Support department regarding this issue.

I will give it a few more days and see what happens.

Badge

I find really helpful response here.

Badge +1

UPDATE: On 2/14/2020, I contacted Webroot at the phone number listed above. I spoke to one of their representatives and they told me that Webroot responded to my email and white-listed the application one day after my initial contact.

However, I never received the email. I can only assume that the problem is on my end (with my ISP). In any case, I am thankful for the response and having this matter resolved.