Solved

Backup & Sync

• 23 December 2013
  • 15 replies

I have Webroot Secure Anywhere which has a backup feature. I don't want this and have disabled it only to get a message that my changes are only temporary and will be rewritten upon the next Webroot update. Frustrating! How can I stop backup from transferring info from my computer without my knowledge or consent? Thanks in advance for your help.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 26 December 2013, 18:53

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Restorer

Welcome to the Community Forums...glad to have you onboard. :D

You have the Complete version as it is the only version that has the online storage feature. ;)

When you say that you have "...disabled it..." would you explain how you have done this?  Reason I ask is because I run Complete as well but do not use the 'Backup & Sync' feature and I do not get "...get a message that my changes are only temporary and will be rewritten upon the next Webroot update".  By the way, if it helps and your configuration is like mine you should see a cross in blue circle, to the left of the 'Backup & Sync' option, in the main GUI.

Let's start there and see what the position is, and then try to take it from there.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Why purchase the "Complete" version if you do not need or want the features it comes with? 
Userlevel 7
Is it possible that it is not Backup and Synch tha is sending this message but rather settings changes that are controlled by the Console setting?

As for why purchase Complete and not use the features, I completely comprehend: it is 5 device, and there are other features it has other than the backup.......
Userlevel 7
Hi David

A good point...re. the settings changes that are controlled by the Console setting.  One area to look at with Restorer, thanks. :D

Regards

Solly
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi David

A good point...re. the settings changes that are controlled by the Console setting.  One area to look at with Restorer, thanks. :D

Regards

Solly
Can you handle that Solly?  I was on a very short break using my mobile device when I posted that :)

TEAMWORK 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Should be OK, thanks...but will tag you if I run into difficulties (though I am sure that you will be watching later on...;)), as that is what TEAMWORK is...as you so often say.

Waiting for Restorer to come back so will pick up then.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I have Webroot Secure Anywhere which has a backup feature. I don't want this and have disabled it only to get a message that my changes are only temporary and will be rewritten upon the next Webroot update. Frustrating! How can I stop backup from transferring info from my computer without my knowledge or consent? Thanks in advance for your help.
Log in to your account at www.webroot.com and click on PC Security. Then click on the computer name that you are having this issue with. Look at the example below and make sure that you PC is set to "User Configuration" as that will allow changes made to Webroot to stay localized to your computer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Log in to your account at www.webroot.com and click on PC Security. Then click on the computer name that you are having this issue with. Look at the example below and make sure that you PC is set to "User Configuration" as that will allow changes made to Webroot to stay localized to your computer.

That's very true Corey but in some cases I've seen that setting is already set and to reset it is to choose another from the list and click the check mark and go back and set it to User Configuration and click on the check mark and wait 20 to 30 minutes and click Check for Updates and do a few scans and that seems to correct the issue.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Daniel. Good to know!
By going into the console and unchecking all info under backup
Already set to user config......
Went to console under backup and unchecked all options....just checked my backup folder on webroot and it's empty....thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi Restorer

Merry Festive Season to you.

Been doing a bit of research on this over the Xmas break and would say that the Devices tab displays information about each device with Backup & Sync configured. It also shows the storage folders associated with each device.  To make sure that you are completely disconnected from backups...as you desire...you need to check those settings if you have not already done so.

For how to do so/where to look please see the following link:

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/Website/WebsiteUserGuide.htm#5_Backup_and_Sync/5i_Viewing_device_details.htm

Hope that is of assistance?  If so...great.  If not then plase post back and I will see if I can help further.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks for your help....It appears it's no longer backing up
Userlevel 7
Glad to see that you have it solved! If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.