BEWARE! Webroot is a scam

• 11 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I installed and used webroot and was satisfied with the services. However, when the program expired and it came time to renew, I made the decision to NOT renew the service and go with another AntiVirus program. I received annoying notifications from Webroot every day, which I would have to go manually close out of and enter in a password and a security key just to close the notification. I have unsuccessfully tried to uninstall the program entirely. IT WILL NOT UNINSTALL. I have deleted all the files in the hardrive there is no trace of Webroot in my hardrive yet still the program sends notifications and is still on my PC trying to run. YOU CANNOT UNINSTALL AND DELETE WEBROOT. I cannot run another protection program because WEBROOT IS STILL ON MY PC AND WILL NOT GO AWAY. I never write these reviews typically because I don’t ever really care about reviewing things even if the experience is bad. However, I really really really want to let the people at Webroot know this….

I finally figured out how to get rid of Webroot. I bought a new PC and threw my other PC in the dumpster.

NO MORE WEBROOT!!! HOORAY!!!!! I AM FREE!!!! I AM FREE FROM WEBROOT!!!! 

THE TYRANNY OF WEBROOT HAS NO MORE CONTROL OF ME!!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@StronglyAntiWebroot ,

I don’t see a single mention of you contacting our support team for help if you were actually having problems uninstalling Webroot. This smells like a pretty obvious troll to me.

I’m closing this thread. Flaming Webroot with no desire to actually get help is not considered a “discussion”.