blue screen what to do about it Karen

blue screen what to do about it Karen

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi skippy123

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Could you provide some additional information as to the nature of the problem, as we do not have anything useful to go on for the moment.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Blue screen so I assume you say WSA caused it? Can we please have more info as to what version and OS and if it's 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Iam not sure I am writing in the right place but here goes. I will be online just maybe looking up information and the screen turns blue with a smile face then it says there is a problem and the computer has to shut down and restart. It says something like sysem_ failure_ etc. I wrote it down but of corse I can't find it now. Its about 4 words. Also someone called and told me about this on the phone but I did  not know if I could trust them how did they know I had a problem. I am not good with computers incase you can't tell. ha
Iam not blaming anyone I don't even know whatWSA means
Userlevel 7
Hi skippy123

You are quite correct not to trust anyone whjo phones you out of the blue like that...you reasoned quite correctly...how the hell do they know that you have a problem.

WSA standand for Webroot SecureAnywhere, and as yo are posting here we are assuming that you are a user.

Just restart your computer and see if the same thing happens again.  But this time try to note the whole message precisely and then post back here.

Regards

Baldrick

I have done that. I was hoping I could fix this problem but I will have to take it in and get it fixed the person on the phone said it was a software problem  I don't even know what that means.
I will come back with WSA, as soon as it happens again thanks Karen
Userlevel 7
Hi Karen

If the person on the phone called you without prompting after the issue manifested itself then IGNORE THEM/DO NOT CONTACT THEM...that is my advice.

Do you run Webroot SecureAnyWhere?  If you do and your PC is running OK, run a scan and see what it comes up with.

I occassionally get the same sort of blue screen, which I let Windows recover itself and usually there is no ongoing issue...but we need to check that there is no unwanted programs on your PC...hence the scan.

Regards

BAldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's best to Submit a Support Ticket as you could be compromise from the fake phone support call and if you let them access to your PC it's just best to hang up on them please see here:  http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9248122/Aggressive_persistent_Windows_tech_support_scammers_continue_to_stalk_consumers

Daniel
ok . webroot is set up to scan but I will do that now thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
ok . webroot is set up to scan but I will do that now thanks
Please let us know what's happening and support can gather the Blue Screen info as they will send you a link via the Ticket System and you will download wsalogs.exe and that will gather all the info they need to help you! Also can you tell us what version of Webroot SecureAnywhere (WSA) you are using please see this picture: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C1_GetStarted/CH1a_Installing.htm and the picture http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C12_MyAccount/CH11a_ViewingAccount.htm

Thanks Karen,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Karen

I will leave you in Daniel's extremely capable hands...so as not to confuse you with multiple streams of advice. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
@ I wanted to welcome you to the community Karen!

You are as @ said in "extremely capable hands" with @ !

Please do let us know how everything is and come back often!

Hope to see you soon here in the commuity,

Beth