Bob's your uncle :)

Userlevel 3
Hello Everyone!

My name is Robert and I am new to this communty.  I have tried everything from Norton to McAfee, and even Kaspersky with limitied to no results in protecting myself from malware and spyware that has bogged down both my desktop and laptop systems.

I am hoping that this free 15 day trial will help me with making my decision with my antivirus needs.  Webroot has recieved high marks with most of the pc community and I hope that I can now stop shopping for antivirus software FINALLY!

I am however experiencing problems intalling webroot on my desktop though... It keeps disconecting from the internet with the usb wifi adapter that I am currently using.  I guess I will have to move my modem into the office and plug it dirrectly in to see if it actually is a dropping out problem or maybe a nasty virus that is keeping me from installing webroot...

I will repost my results and let you guys know... Untill then, I saw your tour video and you guys look like a nice bunch of folks... so it's great to be a part of this communty and I hope you all have a great day!  Mine is off to a good start  :P

Robert E. Horne

13 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello ProTruckDriver,

Thank you for the welcome, everyone has been very friendly in welcoming me to this community.  Very nice for a change to see moderators that actually care for a blog as you all do.

Have a great day!
The Admins and Mods Do care greatly for the Community here, and are very active.  This is Sunday however, and they tend to be a bit more quiet on Sundays.  :) 

We are just plain users like you who just plain enjoy helping others out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello ProTruckDriver,

Thank you for the welcome, everyone has been very friendly in welcoming me to this community.  Very nice for a change to see moderators that actually care for a blog as you all do.

Have a great day!
We are Users do you find that strange? LOL I have been along time user of Prevx which Webroot acquired in Nov 2010 and Webroot made it even better. The Webroot Staff have a little w beside there username.

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Hello ProTruckDriver,

Have a great day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I just installed it today so it is version 8.0.2.115.... Also My XP desktop did finally install the software and found 12 malware, spyware, pus's, and trojans so far... so much for Kaspersky huh?  lol   Well anyways thank you for the welcome and hope that answered your question. 

Desktop is Windows XP Professional
Laptop is Windows 7 Pro

Just home networked the two yesterday and was surprised how easy xp worked with 7 was expecting a nightmare.  I am very happy with Webroot so far by the way it does not drain the system at all that I can tell and works great removing potential threats.  Glad I tried it and I will definitely be purchasing the $60.00 version on the 1st of the month.

Robert Horne
Great to hear Bob and the current release is v8.0.2.155 I hope that's what you got? And which product are you trying? And it's grabbing malware that the other's missed if you would like a full check up you can Submit a Support Ticket so that one of the Webroot Threat Researchers can get a scan log from you to make sure your fully clean of any other possible malware. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello Bob,

Userlevel 7
Robert, 

Glad it is up and working!  If you still have problems with the WiFi connectivity, you might need to do some work on placement of you router.  Webroot, like all malware solutions, requires a decent internet connection for best protection.

That first scan of yours should not take very long.. my install scan took several minutes, but now it averages a minute or less to scan. 
Userlevel 3
Hello Again Everyone,

Just a quick addition to my original post,  The problem I was having with installing Webroot on my XP desktop was resolved by the Webroot installation.  Just took a few minutes but I did not have to do anything extra... it found the problem and fixed it.  I now no longer have problems with the wifi stick dropping out of the internet as I did before installing Webroot.  Kudos Team!   Very impressed so far with your software!  I believe you have a new fan and some more good word-of-mouth advertising!

Robert Horne
Userlevel 3
Hey DavidP,

I think the install took care of the problem.  I'm begining to love this software!  It was an infected wifi adapter driver I believe because of the removal of a malware threat connected with it.  After removing that threat completely it seems to be working fine now.  And yes, it was an ongoing issue with that XP desktop dropping out of the internet every few minutes and was getting worse.  It now seems to have been connected to the internet longer than it ever has before at one time... now that webroot has installed.  It is however still scanning the system for threats so we will see just how bad it was infected in a bit.

Thank you guys and gals for being so nice and offering solutions to this potential problem though... looks like I found the right place for peace of mind with security of my pc's. 

Robert Horne
Userlevel 3
Hi Daniel,

I just installed it today so it is version 8.0.2.115.... Also My XP desktop did finally install the software and found 12 malware, spyware, pus's, and trojans so far... so much for Kaspersky huh?  lol   Well anyways thank you for the welcome and hope that answered your question. 

Desktop is Windows XP Professional
Laptop is Windows 7 Pro

Just home networked the two yesterday and was surprised how easy xp worked with 7 was expecting a nightmare.  I am very happy with Webroot so far by the way it does not drain the system at all that I can tell and works great removing potential threats.  Glad I tried it and I will definitely be purchasing the $60.00 version on the 1st of the month.

Robert Horne
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I need to get glasses I did even see that David thanks for picking that up!

Cheers Pal,

Daniel
It isn't often at all I catch something you don't... You have done your job well as my mentor!  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I need to get glasses I did even see that David thanks for picking that up!

Cheers Pal,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello Bob and welcome to the Webroot Community!

Glad to have you here, I hope that you are pleased with the 15 day trial.  As for that problem with the WiFi... do you have problems normally with keeping connected or it is something unique to installing Webroot?  I do not think I have ever heard of that problem, but it could be something with your particular WiFi driver or software that needs looked at.  It might be as simple as Webroot Support taking a look at the driver/software files and seeing if something needs to be whitelisted.

You can Submit a Trouble Ticket about that if you like, it might help get that resolved it is something with Webroot causing it.  The good news is that once you do get a good connection, the download and install is so small it will not take much of any time.  The installer you are trying to run is all there is.. no huge download or update to do like you may have experienced with other solutions.

Have a good day, and let us know if you have any problems or questions!  There are a lot of good people on here who like to help out!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Bob (Robert) and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Yes we are a great bunch here and like to have fun so pull up a chair and stay for awhile and I'm sure you will be impressed with Webroot SecureAnywhere as we all are. If you have any questions please feel free to ask! Do you mind if I ask which version you are trialing?

Cheers,

Daniel