Solved

Buying older Webroot versions from Best buy walmart Help

I was at best buy,  walmart, and  office max they are selling 2008, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 editions 1/2 and 78% off are they still usable ??

They are New in Box but past the date can they still be used and get the 1 year service protection and 3 user also  Help quick gold64bond@yahoo may 3 2018 posted I need answer please by 6pm EST thanks 
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 3 May 2018, 23:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello gold64bond, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
That is a very good question. They should be good but let me ping @ @ our Webroot Employees to confirm that they are good. 
Note: If they are good I would buy them from Walmart or Office Max since the keycode is activated when You activate it on your computer. I hear the keycode is activated at Best Buy when you buy it in the store. The Webroot Employees can confirm this when they answer. I hope they're good, I just may go out and buy a few myself. Let's see what the Webroot Employees have to say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hello gold64bond, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
That is a very good question. They should be good but let me ping @ @ our Webroot Employees to confirm that they are good. 
Note: If they are good I would buy them from Walmart or Office Max since the keycode is activated when You activate it on your computer. I hear the keycode is activated at Best Buy when you buy it in the store. The Webroot Employees can confirm this when they answer. I hope they're good, I just may go out and buy a few myself. Let's see what the Webroot Employees have to say.
Very interesting, I haven't seen products that old in awhile. Generally Webroot will automatically update to the latest version once an internet connection is established and the program is installed. However some of the very old versions struggle to update, so this is a very valid question. I meet with a product manager here later today, I'll be sure to address this and update you all on what I learn. As for now, I would recommend holding off, but it's ultimately up to you.

To the other point made here, yes, Best Buy is the only retailer that activates Webroot upon checkout. Everywhere else it is activated once you enter your keycode in the program.
I hate to ask for a rush but they are limited in supply and if they are good I want to buy them as we all would I don't want to buy them and find out they are worthless and I am out the money, I am not sure if they take software back. I know they won't if I open it because there is no way to prove I did not copy or install it.
I would really hate missing out on the sale, It's difficult buying protection on a limmited income I have 9 computers in my family. I have always used webroot - back when spysweeper and antivirus were seperate to the present  (( except one year when I made the mistake installing one key 4 times ))  I tried explaining to the Tech on the phone but got me no where I was pissed  uninstalled webroot on all the computers and installed kaperski it did a good job but spyware failed horrably  I have 2 going to college next year I want them to be fully protected while they are there over the next 3-4 years  ((  Buying several they have on sale would insure this.. 

Best buy I was there a few days ago and one of the employees and he said the same thing once you buy it you should install that day because thats when it is activated If I wait 6 months I only get 6 month protection.
Although they did have older versions with out the activation at purchase I was told that they were before Best Buy implimented the activation at purchase 
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
I hate to ask for a rush but they are limited in supply and if they are good I want to buy them as we all would I don't want to buy them and find out they are worthless and I am out the money, I am not sure if they take software back. I know they won't if I open it because there is no way to prove I did not copy or install it.
I would really hate missing out on the sale, It's difficult buying protection on a limmited income I have 9 computers in my family. I have always used webroot - back when spysweeper and antivirus were seperate to the present  (( except one year when I made the mistake installing one key 4 times ))  I tried explaining to the Tech on the phone but got me no where I was pissed  uninstalled webroot on all the computers and installed kaperski it did a good job but spyware failed horrably  I have 2 going to college next year I want them to be fully protected while they are there over the next 3-4 years  ((  Buying several they have on sale would insure this.. 

Best buy I was there a few days ago and one of the employees and he said the same thing once you buy it you should install that day because thats when it is activated If I wait 6 months I only get 6 month protection.
Although they did have older versions with out the activation at purchase I was told that they were before Best Buy implimented the activation at purchase 
Ok so anything after 2012 will automatically update to the latest version, and anything prior to will not.
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the Info @. Tagged and Bookmarked. ;)
Thank you so much for your effort and time 
Im going to see whats left and hope to make some awesome buys