Can anyone recommend a good anti malware software?

Badge +1
I just watched a Linus Tech Tips video where it was recommended that you should run both an Anti-virus software and an Anti-malware software for good protection. It was noted that running both can mess with computer overall performance as well as conflicts between the two with scanning schedules, etc. so I thought I'd ask here to see what Anti-malware you all are using to limit this performance hit.
I've been a Webroot anti-virus customer for a couple of years now and think it's great but I never gave much thought to extra protection since I havent had any real trouble.

Thanks for your time,

Jim

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello:

I had this same question once, you are good with Webroot...well protected. But if you want some assurance from another software try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,

Thanks for your time,

Jim

Hi Jim,

We are advising that you don't send external links for this product . Ok?

Thank you for your suggestion but we would like to keep the  intergrity on Webroot AV.

Thanks Jim!
Userlevel 2
Oh geez, my mistake...but was only trying to help, lesson learned. :@

Greg
Userlevel 7
Hello Jim. Welcome to the Community where everyday is a new learning experience.

'Malware' is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software. Malware includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs.

The term virus is most widely known. As a result security companies still keep the name anti virus. WSA will protect against all malware. Any additional security software whether dubbed 'antimalware' or other names will not only hit performance of the device/computer but will be totally unnecessary.
Badge +1
Ok so good news then. As long as Webroot says I'm good to go then I feel confident. Thanks for the timely response.

Jim
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ok so good news then. As long as Webroot says I'm good to go then I feel confident. Thanks for the timely response.

Jim
Hi Jim and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Correct WSA has your Back and it's all done in the Cloud so you can use your PC for what it was made for! http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php also have a look at this short video: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
We do sometimes discuss other AV's in terms of compatibility, but we are not allowed to post links to the other AV's

:)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Greg
No worries   🙂  You have NO idea how many of my early posts got edited LOL!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yes... and I still get PM's and Email from Daniel correcting me 🙂  It is the only way I get better!
Your right we all work together for the perfect TEAM and for the perfect Webroot Solution...yadeyada!:D

Learning and growing that's the key around here!!;)
Userlevel 2
Like I said this wasn't intentional but am fully aware of things now. :S I agree with the team work attitude, that goes for almost everything in life.

Have a great day,
Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Greg
Yes worry  🙂  You have NO idea how many of my early posts got edited LOL!!
Yea like this one! :p

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Greg

Daniel :D
Daniel, do you recall just how many of my posts from my first few active days you PM' or replied to about me doing something wrong?  Sigh.... I took a bit of learning didn't I?

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Greg

Daniel, do you recall just how many of my posts from my first few active days you PM' or replied to about me doing something wrong?  Sigh.... I took a bit of learning didn't I?

Hey do you know how many PMs I've got repirmanding ME? You not the only one David!! :p
Userlevel 7
Yes... and I still get PM's and Email from Daniel correcting me 🙂  It is the only way I get better!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Greg

Yea and your still doing it! NOT!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
At least I know @ is always watching me, and won't let me get away with anything :)

Seriously though, it is about TEAMWORK, and helping each other.  Well, and to have some fun along the way!
Userlevel 2
Hello:

I had this same question once, you are good with Webroot...well protected. But if you want some assurance from another software try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,

Thanks for your time,

Jim