Solved

Can't log in

• 2 September 2020
  • 3 replies

You have the most incredibly frustrating and IMPOSSIBLE log in system.  You make me create a password *and* a security code.  In order to answer the first and fifth or second and third letters of my security code I have to write it out.  How safe is that?  And then you ask me to install authenticator on top of that.  But when I plug my authenticator code, it immediately takes me to a log out screen.  After a half hour of work, I am still unable to log in. 

I am about to uninstall Webroot.  This is ridiculous.  What is worse is Webroot has also apparently stripped out the macros of one of my Excel workbooks.  Gee, thanks for destroying my work without warning me first.  How do I protect my macro-enabled Excel workbooks that are my own work from your voracious and over-aggressive algorithms.

Nasty program.  I am pissed.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 September 2020, 01:29

View original

3 replies

Webroot has apparently stripped out the macros of one of my Excel workbooks.  Then when I go to a back up, those macros get stripped out too.   Before I destroy all my back ups, I want to figure out how to get Webroot to lay off my own Excel workbooks.

Gee, thanks for destroying my work without warning me first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @cjroos 

Sorry your having issues with your online account and it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket as we can’t do things on the back-end but support can.

Also I don’t think WSA will do anything with your Macro’s so again it’s best to ask support.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Sorry as most if not all Webroot staff are working from home because of COVID 19.

Thanks for your understanding!

I certainly agree with you about Webroot’s over-complicated login procedure to the web console page. Which is why I refuse to add another layer of security as Webroot recommends, as I do not wish to end up in a similar situation to the one you find yourself in!!! I’ve learnt to live with it as it stands, as convoluted as it admittedly already is.

Regarding macros, I can’t say (Triple Helix, who responded above, knows a lot more about this kind of thing than I do) but would be most interested to hear how things pan out regarding any communications between you and Support on this subject. Please do keep us informed.

Despite your experience, I would maintain that Webroot at its heart is a very good AV (with 1 or 2 caveats regarding the extras at the periphery such as your login problem). It is true that it can sometimes apparently prove a PITA for certain developers (and for folk who use a lot of lesser known apps), but as Triple Helix believes this is not the problem in your case, I do hope you decide to persist with Support in getting to the bottom of this.