Solved

Cant login to my account

• 23 August 2020
  • 8 replies

I cannot login to my Webroot account. 

1. The login screen accepts my email and password but then requests an Authentication Code which results in an error: “Invalid Authentication Code”.
  2. I try again and select: “Fogotten Password”
    1. Then select: “I forgot my Security Code”
    2. I enter my email address
    3. I answer the security question
  3. I receive an email giving a link to reset my security code:
    1. I enter a new security code
    2. Repeat the new security code
    3. Receive the following message 
    4. Your change has been applied. You can now login.
    5. I select the “log in” link.
  4.  I repeat the process but still receive the error: “Invalid Authentication Code”.
  5. I have repeated this process multiple times.
  6. I tried to send a message to Webroot Support, but you are required to Log In to do so
  7. I have purchased a new Laptop and want to replace the McAfee software

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 August 2020, 01:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @mikhat 

Webroot support is the only ones that can help you with account issues so please Submit a Support Ticket and they will sort it out for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Slittle75 the OP is trying to get to there Online Console! https://identity.webrootanywhere.com/v1/Account/login

Clarification of my problem.

I have tried TripleHelix’s suggestion, but I cannot enter a Webroot Support Ticket because I can’t login to my account.

Skittle75 - The Keycode is not the issue.  I have two other Laptops, one that I want to replace with my new PC.  Both are protected by Webroot and have identical Keycodes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Clarification of my problem.

I have tried TripleHelix’s suggestion, but I cannot enter a Webroot Support Ticket because I can’t login to my account.

Skittle75 - The Keycode is not the issue.  I have two other Laptops, one that I want to replace with my new PC.  Both are protected by Webroot and have identical Keycodes.

It just wants your email address? Do you have another email address, if so try that one.

Webroot Customer Service or you can call during the day during the week: 1-866-612-4227

Or call nearest to you: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Sorry about that guys, i guess i should have read the whole thread! And thanks TripleHelix, for catching it! 

Have a great day! Hope all goes well mikhat!

slittle75

TripleHelix - Thank you.  I called Webroot support and they helped me solve the problem.  They had to switch my security back to keycode from using an application (i.e. Google or Microsoft) for two level authentication. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Great to hear! :wink:

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey there mikhat, Welcome 

This is slittle75, what  i have tired in the past is write the new key code down with dash's an all, go back to the webroot main page and click on the gear icon next to my account, a page will come up under my subscription look to see if that key code you wrote down match's if not enter the new key code (with dash’s )        into the white box and then click activate key code.  Good luck let me know it this helps! 

Take care and be safe out there! 

slittle75