Solved

clean install of new OS, how to keep webroot

• 28 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi all,
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm sure this is a simple question with a simple answer but I didn't see it listed.
Im going to be upgrading my OS from Windows 8 to 8.1. Since the update is not supported in the App Store anymore I'll need too do a clean install which will wipe the old data and computer profile. Will I still be able to apply my webroot subscription to my computer with the new OS? I already have 3 devices on my account so adding it as a new PC is not an option.
Thanks for any help 🙂
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 1 October 2019, 21:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @Denman Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

I don't see any problem after the upgrade adding Webroot. After the upgrade install WSA and add your active keycode and let it do it's scan.

The next thing you need to do is to go to your Account Console. All of your computers should be listed there. You will probably see the old OS listed there. All you need to do is deactivate it.

or:

If you haven't upgraded yet. Do a few WSA scans on the old OS. Uninstall WSA on the old OS. Go to your Account Console and see the computer with the latest few scans and deactivate it. After the upgrade install WSA.

Either way make sure you have the correct number of OS listed in your Account Console.

Here's the KB Article for Deactivating a Computer: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/how-to-deactivate-a-pc-31240

HTH,
Dave
Badge +1
@ProTruckDriver
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply that's exactly what I needed to know, very much appreciated. 👍 The install went fine and I followed your instructions deleting one OS from my webroot account, uninstalling webroot before and then reinstalling with my key code after the upgrade.

Just one more question if I may- Webroot is running fine on my PC, however in my secure anywhere account it does not show it on my protected PCs. I went through the same process as I did the first time, first clicking "add PC" in the PC security section, etc. When I click on "access web console" from my webroot software it opens the login page for my secure anywhere account but with a message up top saying "This key code is already registered ".

Any thoughts on how I can get it to show in my list of protected PCs agains? Webroot is working fine on my computer so it's really not a big deal, but I am curious as to why it doesn't appear in my console. Thanks again for all your help.

Denis
Userlevel 7
Hello Denis,

If the computer is not showing on your account and that computer was already activated please check on how to reactivate a PC and see if that computer is listed there: Here's the KB Article on reactivating a PC: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-complete-14/how-to-reactivate-a-pc-28954

If it's not listed you can try a few scans from that computer, wait a few minutes and see if that makes it register on your account. If not you can always try a clean Uninstall / Reinstall on that computer:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If the uninstall / reinstall doesn't register that computer on your account Support will have to look at the back end of your account.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Badge +1
Exactly what I needed again Dave! Reactivation instructions worked perfectly, thanks so much. Have a great week, all the best to you.
Denis
Userlevel 7
Glad you have every thing all sorted now. You also have a great weekend. ☺️

Dave.