Solved

Contact Support

• 17 April 2022
  • 5 replies

How can I contact Support with a new issue without entering my password.  The system has this prompt: “Please enter your password below if you wish to continue with your previous conversation.”  I don’t have a previous conversation, but if I leave the field blank, nothing happens and if I put my password in (the one used to access the website in the first place), nothing happens.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by TylerM 18 April 2022, 17:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@j1023walk You will need to enter a password because sometimes sensitive info (from logs) will go into messages and we need to protect those. I see there was a ticket submitted 2 years ago. Please reset your password if you don’t know it and we can provide support to your needs

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

So why do you not want to enter your password?

If that is an issue, ask your question here and maybe someone of the forum can give you an answer. 

Userlevel 7

@j1023walk Please follow these steps to confirm you are putting in the correct password:

Enter your Email address:

Hit continue:

Click the link “Forgotten your password” (Keep the password section blank)

Your Support ticket password will be sent to your email address.

Enter the correct password and continue.

Userlevel 7

Yep I agree if you feel you are not in a safe page always go to the known safe place, Reset your password using forgot my password and even then if you are still not sure change it again after you have completed your communication. However in this case it does feel legit but you need to make that call.

I don’t believe a Support Ticket Password associated with a Members Email can be changed. The Password is randomly made by Webroot to that Email. I’ll ping @TylerM to confirm this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yep I agree if you feel you are not in a safe page always go to the known safe place, Reset your password using forgot my password and even then if you are still not sure change it again after you have completed your communication. However in this case it does feel legit but you need to make that call.