Solved

Deactivation problems

• 2 January 2014
  • 5 replies

I am trying to deactivate Webroot Secure Anywhere from my old computer (Windows 7) and install it on Windows 8.

The online instructions say to go to PC Security, click on name of the computer which I want to deactivate, and choose "Commands Tab" and then choose "Activate". The problem is that I do not have a Commands Tab online.

What do I do?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 2 January 2014, 01:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jerib and welcome to the Webroot Community!

What tabs do you see?

Is there more than one user profile (Online Account) set up under your Key Code?  I suspect that the profile you are signing in under may not be set for Admin access.  Once you log into the Account Console, are you able to click on the email address at the upper right hand corner and choose Manage Users from the drop down?

My tabs are "About" and :"Scan Information",

By the way, you are a SAINT!!!!! I had not set my profile to Admin and it was only Basic. I"ve set it to Admin and now the tab it there.

May I senf you flowers or chocolates? 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
My tabs are "About" and :"Scan Information",

By the way, you are a SAINT!!!!! I had not set my profile to Admin and it was only Basic. I"ve set it to Admin and now the tab it there.

May I senf you flowers or chocolates? :)
You just put a big smile on my face, and that is quite thanks enough!  Glad that is fixed for you :)

Happy New Year!
Simple Fix- My profile was not setup up for Admin and only basic.

Your a gentleman and a scholar!!!
Userlevel 7
Hello Phils2k8 and welcome to the Webroot Community!  

I assume you had the same issue, and it is not fixed?  Excellent 🙂