Solved

dictation difficulties

• 3 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Can this metalware affect dictation ? I am using a web based EMR system for work and since uploading this software the dictation doesn’t work

icon

Best answer by VPPT 3 August 2022, 20:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Great to hear @VPPT that you solved this issue. 

Have a great day!

It does appear to affect it, 

However I was able to figure out a work around there is a feature where you can “ pause secure keyboard entry” Which will allow you to dictate and then you can select it again when you are done dictating so that your computer is still secure. And yes I’m using a MacBook but as of right now with that new feature I was able to pause it does not appear to be affecting it

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Can this metalware affect dictation ? I am using a web based EMR system for work and since uploading this software the dictation doesn’t work

Hello,  May I ask if you are using a Mac Computer? If so please do the following .

Due to the unique way in which keyboard shortcuts work on the Mac OS, the secure keyboard entry feature may prohibit shortcut functions in a variety of applications. This includes, but is not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite Products, Macro applications, or some built in features that are triggered by key combinations—such as Dictation and Speech.

This can be resolved by clicking the Webroot icon located on the top right of the menu bar, then clicking Pause Secure Keyboard Entry.
 http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/macpausesecurekeyboardentry.png 
Once activated, you will see a checkmark next to the menu option. While this is selected, Webroot SecureAnywhere will not secure keystrokes against keylogging software, though it will still be actively protecting you against infections. It is important to ensure that this function is enabled when browsing the internet—particularly on secure sites that require a username and password.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, click here to submit a Support ticket.