Do I have anti virus protection through web root?

• 24 October 2014
  • 2 replies

My wife purchased web root for anti virus protection....my wife Nancy has run web root on her dell laptop....is the program to be run per computer or from one computer?...

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello USNR7293, and Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The answer depends on whether the license is good for moe than 1 device (see Compare AntiVirus & Internet Security Products | Webroot : Please check, and ask us any questions, or install on other machine as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
Userlevel 7
Hi USNR7293

Just to add a little detail to what Dermot responded with.

You can get detailed information on your keycode by logging into you MyWebroot Console/Account on the Web via this link. Once you have entered your email address & password, provided the two letters of the Security you have set up a home page will be displayed.

If you look in the top right hand corner of that page you will see a button with your email address in it. If you click on that button a dropdown menu will appear and if you select 'Manage Keycodes' from it will display a page with a good deal of information about your keycode including the name of the edition or version licensed, the number device covered, number of days of subscription remaining (together with what translates into a date as), etc.

If you have not yet set your Console then please take a look at this KB article that goes through the steps required, follow them and you should then always have access to the keycode details, etc...plus much more besides...but that is a different story. :D

Regards, Baldrick