Do I need to uninstall my Microsoft security essentials anti-virus program while running the webroot

• 9 December 2014
  • 1 reply

Rockfarmer

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello RockFarmer11,

Welcome to the Community!,

It's entirely up to you. Webroot can run along side of most antiviruses.

1.) It should not cause a problem. Not running two antivirus at a time is advice for XP-era antivirus that patched the kernel, sometimes causing issues if more than one application did it. Antiviruses at that time were also much slower and PCs less powerful with less threads. There are still suites that recommend that they be the only ones running, but MSE and WSA are not among them.
2.) You should be able to uninstall just MSE and have no problems. I have no reason to think it's required, but if it was me I would remove both, reboot, and install WSA. Again, I have no technical reason you should do this, but it's what I would do.

Please go here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Incompatibility-Messages-Regarding-Webroot-from-Third-Party/ta-p/20338  Also you can run this Micorsoft Essentials without a problem! Here's our USER GUIDE Hope this helps and if does not then let us know OK? Best Regards.