Solved

Does Web back up e-mail form gmail.
I think I sent what i'm look for to the trash.....after 30 days its gone....can I retrieve it.....this is very important.
icon

Best answer by Petrovic 15 March 2014, 19:28

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello DOTWORKER55 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Yes you can recover permanently deleted emails even after deleting them from your trash folder all you have to do is open you gmail then click the drop down arrow from your search box at the top of the screen. it will then ask you several question such as to: or from: subject, has words or date with in. don't answer any of these question just click on the blue search button on the bottom left of the search box and all of your deleted emails will be revealed.

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.
Petrovic,

Thank you for the welcome and the help.
Please let it be that easy.!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Thanks

DOTWORKER55,  problem is solved?
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.

Thank you
Best regard, Petr.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If that's true Petr that is not very good of Gmail to do that if it's set to empty the Trash in 30 days it better be unrecoverable IMO.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello DOTWORKER55 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
HI DOTWORKER55

And may I add my welcome, to that of Petrovic & Daniel...good to have you in the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_jumping.gif

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@
I don't understand the steps. Could you kindly show the steps more clearly?

"click the drop down arrow from your search box at the top of the screen"- what drop down arrow?
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
@

"click the drop down arrow from your search box at the top of the screen"- what drop down arrow?
go to gmail.com

Hey Petrovic,

Yes it work just as you said, I have an old hotmail account that the sender may have used....is there some thing similar for hot mail....still cant find what I'm looking for......I need to find this.....more help please.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@

go to gmail.com

It doesn't show on my end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
it works

try a regular theme or disable plug-ins
or use IE

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
it works

try a regular theme or disable plug-ins
or use IE

I've tried them all. But the drop down arrow doesn't show up. Does it have anything to do with my gmail setting?