email alerts

• 7 March 2012
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I'm a new member and not too sure how to use this community message board.  But I am giving it a shot. 

I keep getting this message.  "Email Attachments Shield Communication Error".  I don't know how to stop it or what it means.  Can anyone explain in beginner language?

Thanks
Joanne1789

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Hello,

Welcome to the community!!

The message you are referring to is the Email Attachment shield which is part of our 6.1 software. The email attachment shield was created for checking email attachments in your web mail. If you use applications like Windows Live mail or Outlook, then this shield will cause issues and needs to be turned off. However we have our new 2012 software out and you should install this new version so you are better protected. To do so please open your Spysweeper software and press the "Check for updates" button on the home page of the software. Please accept the offer to install the free update and this will remove the old version and install the new version for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

😃
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hello Joanne1789,

From the error you indicate, it appears you are on an older version of Webroot software.  If you are able to open the software, please manually check for updates as this will begin the process of upgrading to SecureAnywhere.

If this does resolve the issue or you are unable to check for updates, we will need to make a support ticket.  Click the following link to access the support site:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Josh C

Userlevel 7
Hello Joanne1789, Welcome to the Webroot Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome Joanne1789 to the Webroot Community Forum I hope find your anwsers here to get your issue corrected!

TH