Solved

Event Viewer - Error with WRSkyClient.x64.exe

• 2 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I just checked my Event Viewer (Windows Logs>>Application) and noticed errors regarding Webroot. The following 2 errors each appear at least several hundred times: 

1. Product: Core -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: CA_WRSKYCLIENT_UNREGISTER, location: C:\Program Files\Webroot\Core\WRSkyClient.x64.exe, command: -unregserver
  2. Product: Core -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_WRCA_INSTALL, location: C:\windows\Installer\MSI389D.tmp, command: /Install "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Core\\" 

Is this a problem with Webroot, or just my installation of Webroot. I’m using SecureAnywhere V9.0.29.62 on a Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 January 2021, 16:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @David12846 

Try these steps and install WSA again.

Uninstall WSA and Reboot.

Then look for these leftover files and if you find them you may need to go into Safe Mode to delete them.

C: \Windows\System32\WRDll.x64.dll and or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WRDll.x86.dll

Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)

Go look for C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder and delete if it’s still there!

Boot back into normal mode and reinstall WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

And in the end you should have these processes running! Not sure about the other 2 as we are still Beta Testing them.

Click on Picture to see full size!