every time i do a scan it keeps telling me that i had 51 threats removed .

• 10 October 2015
  • 4 replies

yesterday i kept getting a popup message that kept telling me to call a 1-844 because my computer has malware . now every time i do a scan it keeps telling that webroot has removed 51 threats .

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi chez9123

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Firstly DO NOT respond to that popup as it is plainly a SCAM...no self respecting or responsible company would communicate with you in that way...and also, how do they know that you have potential issues or threats on your system.

Secondly, it is mostly likely that you are getting confused by the fact that the statiutics are cumulative and therefore continue to show the latest position rather than the current position.

As a first step to resolving the statistics confusion would you please go HERE, take a look at the information and go to the same place as described in the article, click on Reset Protection Statistics and then do a scan.  It should clear as a result of this action, since it is just showing the total of threat/malware, etc. that WSA removed since you installed WSA.

To help clarify the stats... Take a look at THIS KB.  If you indeed have Active Threats listed, you will want to Submit a Support Ticket.  Threats Removed are not a worry.

Regards, Baldrick
Great info. I didn't know that statistics could be reset or of the "Protection Statistics" page. I really like being able to click on the individual events and seeing them happening in real-time.
Userlevel 7
Hi chez9123

Do you have an update for us on how you are doing?  The reason I ask is that whilst we might have gotten the statistics sorted and if you have gotten a cleam scan from WSA there may still be an issue with the popup, and I did n ot want to overload you with information when first responding to you OP.

If it is still appearing then post back here with any details you may have about it, such as who it is from (may be a name or website mentioned in the popup box), when it appears, i.e., all of the time or only when browsing, etc., and we can provide further help with that.

Otherwise, if all is well as far as you are concerned then pelase disregard the above.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi BurnDaddy

Thanks...WSA has its little idiosyncrasies which we all have to get used to...and this is one of them...and it can take a while to find them and then understand them...but hopefully through the Community we can share these and help make ourselves all better and more knowledgable users in the longer term.

Regards, Baldrick