Expired registration

• 17 August 2016
  • 9 replies

My name is Walter.  I just bought protecition on August first good until approximately December, 2017.  For the past 2 days Webroot shows my subscription is expired.  What's going on?

9 replies

?

HI Walter,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Not sure exactly why this is happening but firstly I would recommend a clean install of Webroot. It only takes a few minutes and, hopefully, will correct the issue.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
bd

Userlevel 7
Hi nosLWtorch

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted...is the new subscription a renewal, i.e., have you been a WSA user previously or where you previoulsy using a trail and have decided to purchase a subscription?

The reason I ask is that the message may be coming from either a trial keycode that has expired or a previous keycode that has been repleaced by a new keycode.

If you can advise on the above I can provide further details depending on your reply.

Regards, Baldrick
I do not have a key code that I recorded.  It was given on the screen when I registered and I copied into the form, but did not write it down.  I do have an order ID number if that helps.
Thanks for your interest.
This is a new subscription and may well have been a couple day key.  The peole in India weren't at all helpful on this telling me both yesterday and today  they were updating their servers and it would be fine in "24 hours", 

Walter
Userlevel 7
Who did you purchase from, if I may ask...as the "The peole in India" part of your post is somewhat worrying.
I have emails from Global ComputerSupport:  http://gcsupport.help/ 
Customer service 1-800-576-9647

One person I talked to was a tech named James Silas, employee number 1013.
I installed it via that organization and it did seem to speed up my computer some.  The 800 number gives you a person in India. I did ask them where they were located.
Thanks
Userlevel 7
I am afraid that you may have been the victim of some shoddy selling or even a scam as I have come across this thread in the Microsoft Support Forums in relation to this company.

Now that does not necessarily mean that it is true but the signs are not good. Perhaps our most excellent Community Manager ? could dig a little and find out if Global ComputerSupport are an accredited partner or reseller of Webroot products?

Regards, Baldrick

I think I posted this, but I will repeat it just incase I didn't.  The company that sold me webroot was Global Computer Support.  The first ones I talked to were American but who knows where located.  In order for the installation to be completed they transferred me to a person in India - I did ask where they were located.  The installation took some time and seemed to speed up my computer some.  The first man I talked to gave his name as James Silas, employee number 10593.
Userlevel 7
And as I said in my last post, nosLWtorch, as far as I can tell from my research I believe that there is something fishy about the sale. Just because this company sold you WSA does not mean that they are in anyway affiliated to or represent Webroot in any form.

And the thread from the Microsoft Support Forums, which is recent. suggests this does look like a scam or misrepresentation which is why I pinged our Community Manager to see if he can checkout whether this company are indeed official partners and/or resellers accredited to Webroot.

Another thing that I would say is that WSA is security software and as such is not designed to 'speed up' ones system. It may do so by being lighter than many of the other security apps available but it does not intrinsically speed up the systems.

I would contact Webroot Support, by Opening a Support Ticket, and ask them to check the keycode that you have been provided with. If you do not have it written down then you should be able to find it by clicking the gear/cog sysmbol to the right of the 'My Account' tab and then on the tab labelled 'Keycode'; it should be displayed in the top lefthand corner of the tab.

Regards, Baldrick