Solved

Finally installed!

• 4 October 2012
  • 4 replies

New Member here.  Install went fine and I received the "you are protected" message on the Overview Tab with everything checked green.  My one question is: my system events is going crazy as if it is still scanning.  It is at over 800,000,000 and when I go to details.  My Windows/GDI Events and Registry Events are the biggest sessions going non-stop.  Is this normal?  I am sorry.  I am new all this, but I just wanted to ensure nothing is wrong with my computer.

Thanks in advance!
GotnFX
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 4 October 2012, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello GotnFX, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello GotnFX and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!  ;)

What you are seeing is absolutely normal as it's a new feature for 2013 and it's just showing that WSA is actively protecting your system and you can click on them to see more info!

HTH,

TH

Awesum! Thanks for the reply!
Userlevel 5
The real-time system events stats is normal. It is showing the number of file, registry, code events that are taking place on your system right now. Every mouse click, keyboard input is an event, and is tallied as such.

When you restart the system, the rolling figure will resume from nothing again for that session. The amount of system events inspected since installation increases all the time.