Solved

Found Free Malwarebytes Premium code online

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

SO I do not remember how or where I found the activation service code online. But I found the activation code and, so I thought ,well Malwarebytes premium for free let me check that out. And I do still have Webroot secure anywhere. OK, so I copied and Pasted the activation code (the Free one) and poof the service went from free to premium. So anyway I do not know what I have done or got And I forgot that I had found the free code online somewhere. Time passed, and then, I noticed that Wow I had Malwarebytes Premium so I called the Customer service number I found online for Malwarebytes  and waited the long way long wait and then Some man got on the phone (with a Scottish accent ). anyway he asked some Questions NO personal info except if the Laptop I had the Malwarebytes on was bought on a special price deal and yes I had bought the laptop for a reduced Christmas price special. anyway he said he checked the number and it was legit he said. I think he said it was like a business type of activation code. He then asked my email address and he sent me premium activation code for 3 devices. So I did give my Email Address to him. I am now scared I am hacked but, the Malwarebytes seems to be real and it even stopped some sites from being pulled up But Am I hacked and just do not know it Please advise thanks  

icon

Best answer by TylerM 19 May 2022, 22:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @RROKayO 

To find out if your MBAM is legit go here and setup an online account: https://my.malwarebytes.com/en/login#active

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

If your are concerned ask Webroot for a free security check!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

okay well what do you mean free security check I have webroot secure anywhere and I have done several scans are you suggesting something different than the webroot scan? if so how where do I do the “free” security check  thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

okay well what do you mean free security check I have webroot secure anywhere and I have done several scans are you suggesting something different than the webroot scan? if so how where do I do the “free” security check  thanks 

A Webroot support person will look at a simple scan log that is uploaded when you submit a support ticket and just ask them for a security check!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@RROKayO 
Just giving him and email address and keycode wont allow him to do anything (if he was a scammer). I really wouldn’t worry over this one. Either you believe the software is legit and you keep it, or it’s illegitimate and you uninstall it. IF anything nefarious would to be attempted by MBAM, Webroot (if still installed) would be there to stop any payloads or phishing/malicious websites on your computer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Yes thanks again thank you got it