FREE DVD PLAYER FOR WINDOWS 8.1 THAT WEBOOT ACCEPTS

• 26 April 2015
  • 1 reply

FREE DVD PLAYER FOR WINDOWS 8.1 THAT WEBOOT ACCEPTS

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi BIGDOGG777

Welcome to the Community Forums.

WSA should work with most if not all DVD Players, free or otherwise but I suspect that the issue that is behind your question relates to WSA blocking the download of some of the free apps?

If that is the case it is most likely that you are trying to download from 3rd party sites rather than from the authro's own or recommended website, and as a result are falling foul of WSA detecting PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications; the Community name for bundled software that is non-malware but is generally found to be very annoying, causing pop-ups, redirecting your browser home page, and other behaviour that may slow down the computer and direct ads your way, but they are not actually doing anything bad like damaging files or stealing information.

Whilst in some cases they can be welcomed/wanted by the user more often then not they 'piggy back' with other software that you install/'sneak' onto your system when you do not really want them...and that is why WSA looks to detect them and block the downloads.  For further information , please see this link for more information regarding Webroot's stance on these annoying programs.

As I said previously, the key to avoiding them is to make sure that when downloading apps one does so from the author's own website or one that they have recommended, and not 3rd party downloading site.

So may I suggest that once you have done your research on the 3rd party websites, and have selected the player that seems best for you, that you then go to the author's website and try downloading from there.  All being well WSA will not object and you can proceed as you want.

Of course, the above is supposition based on your question, so if I am incorrect or you require further information then pleas do not hesitate to comeback here.

Regards, Baldrick