Solved

galaxy S7 failing to scan dilemma

• 5 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
my phone has flagged up that my scans are out of date and I may be at risk.
Checking back, my last scan was 4 days ago. Scans were set at 'daily'.
I can manually 'scan', but this lasts for about 2-3 seconds and then completes, but the problem still persists. This morning 5th April Device Maintenance warned me that an app was using 54% of the CPU and was overloading it. A reboot successfully sorted the problem.
I uninstalled Secure anywhere from the Apps in Settings and downloaded afresh ,however the problem still persists.
any help would be appreciated
Thanks
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 5 April 2019, 18:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
* Secure Anywhere was flagged up as causing the CPU overload
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
further to the above
Status has changed to green (no problems detected) on the phone and mirrored in the Webroot Security Console. But
  1. still unable to perform what I call a viable manual scan, or set a different scan frequency. The link to do so hasn't been visible since the malfunction started.
  2. there were 35 scans performed 4 days ago and none reported since.
something has certainly upset the system
I have the same issue. For years, this worked like clockwork... For the past 2 days, system is unable to perform a scan and I get constant CPU overload warnings. My battery drains in half its usual time. This started about 2 days ago around April 2 or 3. (If it had been April 1, I would have suspected an April fool's day joke... LOL... Although this isn't actually funny, had to remove the app for now as this became super annoying). HELP!
Userlevel 7
@roadhog1 @romanck Please see this thread:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-mobile-security-for-android-15/webroot-mobile-security-and-antivirus-android-app-identified-high-cpu-issue-338055
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
thanks romanck, Webroot tech have always been top notch at sorting problems like this out.
That's why I've been with them for years.
Still, as a precaution, for now all my banking is being conducted on the desktop

roadhog1