Get to know the community - Ssherjj

• 15 September 2014
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
@  has been a huge part of the community since she joined.  She found us back in 2013 and jumped in with both feet.  Always polite and helpful, Sherry brightens the day of everyone who visits the community.  In today's interview I asked her to help us get to know her a bit better.

Tell us a little bit about yourself

I was born in Colorado and l was raised in Scottsdale, Arizona and Sandy, Utah. I've lived in San Diego, California. I moved to Buffalo, New York where I was employed at General Motors which later became American Axle & Manufacturing. I worked as a ring gear grinder operator and pinion & drill operator as well. I loved my work even though it was greasy and dirty. I was laid off for a time then in 1991 Saturn called me down to Tennessee for an interview. I was hired and moved to Springhill Tennessee. My job was power train crankshaft inspection. I loved being at Saturn because we all worked as a team. I even won a Saturn car in their raffle. I was at Saturn until I got married, and returned to New York where I worked for Motorola, Trico, and then AirTech. 

How did you discover the Webroot community?

I joined because of all the email that Webroot kept telling me to become a member. I scoffed about it and then one day in February I looked on the forum and the security news ticker caught my eye and I started browsing and laughing at things that were posted in the forum. I decided it can't hurt me to join and ask questions about my WSAC for my five computers.I did have Webroot for only 3 computers but I upgraded to get my Android device protected. That was a must! And mostly I had been working with tech suport for months trying to get Webroot to work on my Mac. I couldn't get it out of my head not to have Webroot working! So I became a member and I believe this was all a blessing! To have cyber friends is more then I can ask for!

What hobbies do you have when you're not hanging out on our community?

My hobbies are camping, hiking, gardening, sewing, hunting and fishing. I like to go for walks in my back yard. I enjoy stock car races and hearing the engines roar with power! I'm also a collector of pocket knives, glass flowers and pens.

How did you get interested in computers?

My dad got me into computers by sending me one that he built in California. I was instantly hooked and computers have been in my blood since 1998. I'm self taught and love to build and repair them.Gadgets are my all time favorite since I can never get enough USBs, adaptors, toys, etc. I also enjoy doing some graphic design on the computer which I thought i could never do.

My dad was a electronic engineer and computer programmer for Motorola and I think I took after him. I lost my dad five years ago but I inherited his strength, love, courage and compassion for life and people. He also taught me to work on cars as a young teenager and I taught my sons as well.

Favorite place you've visited?

My favorite place to visit is the Andirondack mountains. The beauty from climbing to the top of the world is the best feeling ever! I did it last year with my two grandsons.

What's your motto?

My mottos are:
  • I want it, I get it, I have it, I got it!
  • Fake it till you make it!
  • Should of, could of, didn't!
Family is very important to you - tell us a bit about them

I have two sons: Jimmy who works for Asplundh Tree Service as the general foreman. He worked his way up. My younger son, Joshua, works as a working foreman for the electric company. Because of them I have 4 precious grandbabies that take a lot of my time. Here's my small world consisting of my grandbabies and my sons.

Joshua and Me!

Jimmy, Michael 8 & Gavin 5

Gabrielle just turned 2

Clayton aged 3 and 1/2

--

Thanks for taking the time to help us get to know you better!

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nic / Hi Sherry

Absolutely fantabulous article...:D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I really got a kick out of seeing all the photos of your kids and grandkids Sherry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Nic!

Thank you! 🙂 My Grandbabies are full of fun and laughs that keep me young..er. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome way to get to know Sherry and she is awesome on the Community as well!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Daniel...you are so very kind indeed! ;)But I'm with awesome Webroot Community Members as well!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Right! And we all like it that way right?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Yes. Yes! There is nothing better then awesome people in an awesome Forum! ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
A brilliant article about a fantastic lady who brightens everyones day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Aww shucks im blushing for sure!

Thank you ?
Its been great to get to know all of you this far. I just bought a 'all in one' hp and put this new protective system on it without really knowing how well it will be, it sounds as if everyone is happy. Now do I need to have all of the requirements? All I have is high speed enternet. Help me out if you will as I am brand new at this windows8 machine! I feel already like I am going completely crazy! So, you can refer to me as PS, and extend your hand in my mess here! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Its been great to get to know all of you this far. I just bought a 'all in one' hp and put this new protective system on it without really knowing how well it will be, it sounds as if everyone is happy. Now do I need to have all of the requirements? All I have is high speed enternet. Help me out if you will as I am brand new at this windows8 machine! I feel already like I am going completely crazy! So, you can refer to me as PS, and extend your hand in my mess here! :-)
Hello PS,

Welcome to the Community!

Yes this is a happy and knowlegable forum who are always ready and able to assist.;)

May I ask what version oof Webroot SecureAnywhere do you have?

Requirement are as follows.

Minimum system requirements for Windows
Windows operating system:Webroot SecureAnywhere can be installed on a computer with one of the following operating systems:
  • Windows® 8 and 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit
  • Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions)
  • Windows Vista® 32-bit (all Editions), Windows Vista SP1, SP2 32-bit and 64-bit (all Editions)
  • Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit SP2, SP3
RAM:Intel®Pentium®/Celeron® family, or AMD® K6/Athlon™/Duron™ family, or other compatible processor

128 MB RAM (minimum)

2 GB RAM recommended on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk Space:10 MB
Internet/Browser:Internet access is required.
Userlevel 7
Hi PS

You should be fine with just about any current system you could purchase given how light WSA runs...of most importance is an Internet connection, i.e., via a router or hub to which you connect you hardware either by ehternet or WiFi, that does not matter but toget the full benefits of WSA you need that Internet connection.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Ah great to know more about you Sherry. You brighten up the Community with your enthusiasm and wits.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ams963!,

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words! Have a great day ok! 😉
Hi Sherry:
I to was in Spring Hill, TN until I finished my 30 years. We lived in Fort Collins for 3 years until we came to Fort Mohave in Arizona. I worked in the MFS team with all the computers on site. Some of the best years of my life.
While in Syracuse for the first 20 years, I designed a large data base for the manufacturing area to track up/down time.

Glad to hear of someone else from TN.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi Sherry:
I to was in Spring Hill, TN until I finished my 30 years. We lived in Fort Collins for 3 years until we came to Fort Mohave in Arizona. I worked in the MFS team with all the computers on site. Some of the best years of my life.
While in Syracuse for the first 20 years, I designed a large data base for the manufacturing area to track up/down time.

Glad to hear of someone else from TN.
Hello Al1941,

Welcome to the Community Forum! Great to have you here!:D

Well you had an awesome job working in the MFS team with all those computers. Great for you that you enjoyed iyour job as I loved mine too. It was a sad day in departing Saturn.

Please come on back and join in the Forum because we are a friendly bunch and we learn from eachother every single day!

So if you have any problems this is the place to come for Webroot Support is free! You can't beat it! We here on the Forum are mostly Volunteers who glady help others. Andt we do have fun!;)

Nice to meet you,

Best Regards,

@

has been a huge part of the community since she joined.  She found us back in 2013 and jumped in with both feet.  Always polite and helpful, Sherry brightens the day of everyone who visits the community.  In today's interview I asked her to help us get to know her a bit better.

15539i5575FD173C117DDC.png

Tell us a little bit about yourself

I was born in Colorado and l was raised in Scottsdale, Arizona and Sandy, Utah. I've lived in San Diego, California. I moved to Buffalo, New York where I was employed at General Motors which later became American Axle & Manufacturing. I worked as a ring gear grinder operator and pinion & drill operator as well. I loved my work even though it was greasy and dirty. I was laid off for a time then in 1991 Saturn called me down to Tennessee for an interview. I was hired and moved to Springhill Tennessee. My job was power train crankshaft inspection. I loved being at Saturn because we all worked as a team. I even won a Saturn car in their raffle. I was at Saturn until I got married, and returned to New York where I worked for Motorola, Trico, and then AirTech. 

How did you discover the Webroot community?

I joined because of all the email that Webroot kept telling me to become a member. I scoffed about it and then one day in February I looked on the forum and the security news ticker caught my eye and I started browsing and laughing at things that were posted in the forum. I decided it can't hurt me to join and ask questions about my WSAC for my five computers.I did have Webroot for only 3 computers but I upgraded to get my Android device protected. That was a must! And mostly I had been working with tech suport for months trying to get Webroot to work on my Mac. I couldn't get it out of my head not to have Webroot working! So I became a member and I believe this was all a blessing! To have cyber friends is more then I can ask for!

What hobbies do you have when you're not hanging out on our community?

My hobbies are camping, hiking, gardening, sewing, hunting and fishing. I like to go for walks in my back yard. I enjoy stock car races and hearing the engines roar with power! I'm also a collector of pocket knives, glass flowers and pens.

How did you get interested in computers?

My dad got me into computers by sending me one that he built in California. I was instantly hooked and computers have been in my blood since 1998. I'm self taught and love to build and repair them.Gadgets are my all time favorite since I can never get enough USBs, adaptors, toys, etc. I also enjoy doing some graphic design on the computer which I thought i could never do.

My dad was a electronic engineer and computer programmer for Motorola and I think I took after him. I lost my dad five years ago but I inherited his strength, love, courage and compassion for life and people. He also taught me to work on cars as a young teenager and I taught my sons as well.

Favorite place you've visited?

My favorite place to visit is the Andirondack mountains. The beauty from climbing to the top of the world is the best feeling ever! I did it last year with my two grandsons.

What's your motto?

My mottos are:

• I want it, I get it, I have it, I got it!
  • Fake it till you make it!
  • Should of, could of, didn't!

Family is very important to you - tell us a bit about them

I have two sons: Jimmy who works for Asplundh Tree Service as the general foreman. He worked his way up. My younger son, Joshua, works as a working foreman for the electric company. Because of them I have 4 precious grandbabies that take a lot of my time. Here's my small world consisting of my grandbabies and my sons.

15541iD3CE50A9E514B135.jpg

Joshua and Me!

15543iDB0CF59622C132E0.jpg

Jimmy, Michael 8 & Gavin 5

15545i4BFF74857C4040BC.jpg

Gabrielle just turned 2

15547iF975B33CF25783DA.jpg

Clayton aged 3 and 1/2

--

Thanks for taking the time to help us get to know you better!

What a wonderful story the American dream . Awesome congratulations. Sherry there’s mote around the corner for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@LTC leach ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.😊

This post was a very long time ago. Thank you for bringing back some great memories! The good ol days! 😂

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃