Getting Summary of All Traffic Categories?

• 4 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I understand we cannot retrieve all the traffic category but is there at least a summary of all the traffic category per site? 

or is there also web filtering unique URLs blocked by category?

I hope I’m making sense here. 

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi Tatiana.

I'm trying to use the traffic by categories endpoint but I'm getting a 500 error.

I haven't seen the whole list of traffic information endpoint in the latest documentation.

Any help with the traffic by category endpoint will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andrés

Badge

If I may add, Is this equivalent to the dsnp/trafficcategory or trafficsummary resource of the API?

I trying to get those data that I see in the portal thru the API. 

Hello, @lvincent7, if you are referring to ‘Standard DNS Blocked Traffic Report’ available via Universal Reporter, the related API is https://unityapi.webrootcloudav.com/Docs/en/APIDoc/Api/GET-api-console-gsm-gsmKey-sites-siteId-dnsp-blockedtraffic_startDate_endDate_pageSize_pageNr.

In other reports divided into categories https://unityapi.webrootcloudav.com/Docs/en/APIDoc/Api/GET-api-console-gsm-gsmKey-sites-siteId-dnsp-trafficbycategory_categories_startDate_endDate_pageSize_pageNr is used.

The whole list of DNSP traffic information APIs: https://unityapi.webrootcloudav.com/Docs/en/APIDoc/APIReference#apiReference-Console-ConsoleGSM-group-10

Kind Regards,

Tatiana

@coscooper Yes, that is correct on DNS filter. Thank you for this one. I did see those options in the Universal Reporter. If I may add, Is this equivalent to the dsnp/trafficcategory or trafficsummary resource of the API?

I trying to get those data that I see in the portal thru the API. 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@lvincent7 - I’m guessing you’re referencing DNS Filtering, a service on top of the Webroot security agent and you would have this service managed through your Admin console with multiple site option. Correct?

There are two options for pulling this data in the admin console.

1. In the console, there are dynamic reports that may fit your request. All of the DNS reports are grouped together and can be run against a single site or all sites. The “Top Requested Category” report should provide what you’re looking for.
    That report presents a pie chart with the total request count by domain. You can also show/hide categories on the key to the right to expand or contract what you’re interested. You can also dynamically click into each pie section to drill into that categories data.

2. The other option is to pull this data through the API or use the Universal Reporter. It does require setup on a Windows 10 device with office installed and a connection through the API, but it will pull this data and a lot more into a spreadsheet for further review.

Hope that helps.

To further expound on my question is something like that that I would want:

Thanks!