Solved

graphics ram low and impacting performance

• 25 October 2016
  • 1 reply

When I try to stream the news and go into to read a story---I get kicked out--says page can't be displayed. States contact your internet service provider.  I have dish satelite and they check everything at their facility and have come to my home several times and they can't find anything wrong.  This goes on contstantly and is very irritating.  I have to unplug my modem for 30 seconds and then reconnect it constantly to get back on line. Now dish says it is my computer.  Webroot tells me graphics ram is low and impacting performance.  I have Geek squad and they routinely clean my computer which is a Gateway 3yrs old.  This has been going on since I purchased computer 3 yrs ago and signed up with dish internet,
Any suggestions would really be helpful.  I'm not that computer literate so please answer so 72 yr. old senior can understand.
Thanks.

PS
Love Webroot and renew it every year.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 25 October 2016, 02:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello Lutymae, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

From my experience with satellite TV and Internet I did not like it at all. First there is a few second delay in the signals from the Dish to the satellite and back. We discontinued satellite and went to cable internet which was a lot better. Now we are running Fiber Optics from Verizon which is super fast. Have you tried submitting a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem?

HTH,
Dave.