Guard Dogs of Webroot - January

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
This month we get to meet Rocky, who is @ 's faithful companion:

Here's what Richard wrote about him:

Rocky is probably the most lovable, loving, and loyal dog I have ever met.  He is too smart for his own good, has mastered the sad puppy eyes, and rarely causes too much trouble.  A brown lab mix (either greyhound or coonhound), he rarely barks, will howl when he is talking back, and loves all animals big and small.

When I first got him, I thought he would be an outdoor dog, relaxing in my backyard while I was at work.  I was wrong.  After 2 break ins and one attempts, I realized he wanted to wait inside for me.  Yes, my dog ripped two screens out of the window (separate times) to get into the house.  Now he has the full run of the house when I am gone, sleeping on the couch (his couch I guess) and terrorizing his box of stuffed animals.

In the morning, my alarm will go off and he jumps up on the bed.  Then comes his best friend, my cat Louisiana, who will snuggle with him until I get out of bed.  Yes, his best friend is a cat.  He enjoys going to the dog park, doggy day-care, and snuggling.  Lots of snuggling with this big lap dog.  He loves getting his picture taken, long runs at the park, chasing the ball, hikes, and Sunday mornings when he gets fed eggs.

From his toys to the occasional box, Rocky loves to play and show off.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
I love those pictures of Rocky. 

In that last picture, you can tell that is one happy dog!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah, in his spare time Richard does photography, and he takes great photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rcmelick/
Userlevel 7
Thanks for that link. He certainly does take some great pictures.

I like all of the nature shots, and especially the Aston Martin V8 Vantage!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah, he's a car buff too 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
That last pic of the dog he asking for more exercise ;)
Those photographs are fantastic, thank you for sharing the link with us.
Userlevel 6
Thanks all! Rocky has been the greatest thing for me over the past 3 years of him in my life. Glad I could share his awesomeness with the world
Userlevel 4
Thank you Rocky for giving me a smile.  Looks like you have nic well trained ;)
Userlevel 4
Whoops sorry Richard....Rocky has YOU well trained :$
Userlevel 4
Just found Rocky.  What a beautiful "pup".  Just looking in his eyes in the last photo, all you see is love.  Tnx for sharing, Richard!
Great good-looking dog!! He looks like a liver-colored GSP and shows some classic breed traits, though

. There is a great facebook group for them called German Shorthair Pointers. Snuggling, running, playing, fetching balls, gotta love that in a dog!
Userlevel 6
For anyone interested, Rocky has his own Instagram profile: https://instagram.com/exploitsofrocky/

I've become that owner.