Heaven sent WSAC to Sydney, Australia

• 1 March 2012
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all,
Just want to add my praises to Webroot. Sorry for the long post, but thought you should understand why Webroot is heaven sent for me.
No internet security suite would work on my PC. I had been using Kaspersky Internet Security for years (even though it was painful to live with) but kaspersky Internet Security support ran out on 31Dec2011 and it stopped working. Then I went on a mission trying Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, Norton Internet Security 2012, F-Secure Internet Security, Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012 - some would not install and rolled back, others could not validate the subscription key.

it was then my ISP suggested remote assistance (which I had to pay for) but after 12 sessions over some 55 hours involving 62 PC reboots they could not resolve the problem. So my PC was written off as being too old (hardware is 8 years, and software Win XP Pro SP3) - I was advised to scrap it and buy a more up to date PC.
Reason I have kept the PC so long was that when I bought it I was doing some financial modelling work, so I needed quality and reliability and lots of docs open on the screen (so I went for dual Matrox video cards driving 3x24in Dell monitors), RAID 5 on C Drive (Windows and Apps) and RAID 1 on D (data only). The PC itself had a Tyan motherboard, dual Xeon CPUs and 4MB RAM. To upgrade it to Windows 7 today, there would be no drivers to work with the hardware, so I would have to dump a still good and reliable PC. No thanks, so I stayed with the system and Win XP because having bought quality in the first place, it works perfectly to this day.

After trying to install those internet security suites, I concluded that they had become so bloated with all the extras that they had lost compatibility with a basic product like XP. So rather than give up my PC, I explored various blogs, forums and reviews, and came across Webroot which was reported as having the smalled footprint (and therefore not bloated). Being cautious and having been burnt before with buying security software outright then finding it did not install, I downloaded the Webroot SecurityAnywhere Complete trial.
Guess what. It installed the first time, sucessfully validated the trial subscription key, and its worked like a charm ever since. In fact it runs so quietly and unobtrusively, I do not know it is even there - truly the quiet achiever. I sometimes have to ask myself how do I know it is doing its job?

After 3 days of such excellent performance from Webroot (following 3 months of hell from the others), today I will buy a paid subscription to Webroot, and relax knowing my PC will be in good hands with Webroot a little longer.

Thanks to Webroot and the community for making it such a wonderful easy to live with product. Sincerely, RomK.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Welcome to one of the best communities on the web!!
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Welcome to the community, it is great to have you! :D

I am glad you like the new Webroot SecureAnywhere software, we are very excited to get our new software out to all of our customers. We have created a new program that is going to revolutionize the security industry and is the fastest, smallest and smartest antivirus software out there. Like you said you hardly know its there the program is so small, actually if you took a screenshot of your desktop that picture would be larger than our software!! Here are some of the benefits of having our SecureAnywhere software:

• Blocks viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other threats
  • Scans your PC in about two minutes*
  • Stops unknown threats based on suspicious behavior
  • Online security continually updates itself so it's always current and you don't have to download updates
  • Blocks harmful websites before you connect
  • Prevents malicious programs from changing your security settings
  • Includes firewall and network connection monitor
If you have the Essentials or Complete packages, these are some of the added benefits:
  • Wipes away all traces of online activity
  • Blocks phishing attacks, hackers, and online scams
  • Encrypts and securely stores usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers
  • Automatically logs you into your trusted sites and securely fills in online forms
  • Creates and remembers hacker-proof passwords for enhanced online security
  • Provides advanced identity protection for online shopping and banking
  • Backs up files automatically with up to 30GB of online storage (10 GB per user)
  • Synchronizes files and passwords across your PCs and mobile devices
  • Makes files you delete unrecoverable
We also have Apple iOS protection and we protect Android devices, so if you have one of these devices please go to either the Android market or the iTunes market and install the free software to check it out!

If you ever need assistance from the Webroot support team in the future you can always send us an email using the link below.

Contacting Webroot Support

Again, glad to have you as a part of the Webroot community!
😃
Userlevel 7
Hello Romk, Welcome to the Webroot Forum. 😃 WSA sure works Great on those old computers! I have a 10 year old Dell running Win XP and with WSA Essentials it runs Fast for it's age now. WSA = NO More Bloatware! lol. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome Romk to the Webroot Community Forum!

TH
Userlevel 1
Hi guys, thank you for making me feel welcome and the kudos.

Just to let you know I have just completed the purchase of a license for Webroot SecurityAnywhere Complete and activated successfully.

Good to know that my good trusted old warhorse PC is happy. Now I can sleep better at night knowing that.

Will now have to switch two other laptops with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010/2011 (with a year to go on their licenses) over to Webroot too. With pleasure.

Great to be part of the community. Kind regards, RomK
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Our software is actually compatible with any other antivirus/firewall application, so if you wanted to keep Kaspersky installed along with ours to finish out its subscription you are able to do so without any issues.

Userlevel 1
Thanks MichaelB,

That's a good idea. Because the laptops can be accessed by kids, I have Kaspersky's Parental Controls active on them.

So until I find a reccommended replacement that I can use with Webroot, I should keep Kaspersky active.

Cheers, RomK
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Welcome, RomK!  If parental controls are what you're looking for in a Webroot product, you should post it in our Ideas Exchange.

That way, other users can vote on it and every couple of weeks we review all of the ideas with our Product Team.

You'll also get to see when/if we implement it!