Solved

Hello everybody. I'm Daniel, and I'm an idiot.

Hopefully there are helpful and knowledgeable people here, because I am very much not computer-savvy.

Recently I purchased & installed Webroot on my home PC. Soon after that computer died, and I got a new one. Now I want to re-install. Unfortunately in my ignorance, I think I neglected to register my product. Now I can't seem to get my product code to download the software, and the website & 800# are both directing me to each other for assistance.

Can anyone give me some sort of direction here?
icon

Best answer by nic 6 March 2014, 00:20

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi bergreen

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

And by the way...I am sure that you are not an idiot...these things do happen (and I say this from experience...;))

From what you are saying it sounds like your purchase was made via Best Buy rather than Webroot directly, and therefore your first port of call, unless I am very much mistaken should be the Geek Squad.

I am not expert (for that we need @) in matters Best Buy but are you sure that you are using the right code as there are, apparently, two codes provided with Best Buy purchases and it is easy enough to use the wrong one.  Please check that you are using the correct code when trying to download the software again.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there!

As Baldrick mentioned, if you did purchase it from Best Buy, you can contact them to 'recover' the key code.  The number is 1800-GEEK-SQUAD

Note, however, that as long as you have the key code, you do NOT need to download it again from Best Buy, you can simply use the link below in my signature.  That dowload also works just fine with purchases that were originally Digital Download sales from Best Buy.

If you did NOT purchase from Best Buy, let us know and I am sure Baldrick can give you additional help on contacting the seller or Webroot Support 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Welcome to the community bergreen, I am sure you will get all the help you need here.
As for being an idiot, we all started off by not being computer-savvy and had to start learning at some point, so you an idiot? I don't think so.
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Thanks for the pick up...much appreciated, as when it comes to Best Buy, or potential Best Buy, I am very much still a novice...but learning with every thread. ;)

Hi bergreen

As David said, please post back if not a Bet Buy version user and we can advise on how to get hold of WSebroot Support...who should be able to sort you out.

Regards

Baldrick
Actually I purchased Webroot from Walmart, and have no idea where the box went :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Actually I purchased Webroot from Walmart, and have no idea where the box went :(
Hi Daniel,

I looked up the email address you used to register on the community in our system, and it turned up a keycode.  I'll private message that to you and hopefully that will do the trick!
Really? Thank you! When I tried to have the key code emailed to me, it said the email didn't work. Awesome, I will try this as soon as I get back home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Really? Thank you! When I tried to have the key code emailed to me, it said the email didn't work. Awesome, I will try this as soon as I get back home.
You're welcome and let us know how it goes!
Userlevel 7
Nic, thanks for stepping in. ;)

Nice one...I was just going to recommend that bergreen contact you to see if you could sleuth the issue for him, what with you having special investigative powers and all. :D

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Yes, bergreen

As Nic says, do let us know how things are going and if you have any questions do come back here and post them...there is no such thing as a silly question...and you are sure to find someone in the Community ready to help/assist if they can...after all...that is what it is here for. :D

Regards

Baldrick