Hello from Jacksonville

• 8 February 2014
  • 5 replies

Question:  I just  downloaded the trial for webroot and will probably continue the service but should I remove Norton and Mcaffe from my computer. they are expiring in the next few weeks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Joe

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

You do not need to uninstall either of those other security apps because WSA is designed to work co-operatively with & complement just about every other security app there is...so unlike other such apps in intelligently cedes the work to the other apps and jumps in as and when it spots a security hole or something gets past the other app(s).

But having said that it will protect you as well, if not better, than the other apps ;) if it is used on its own.  And if you decide to go with WSA alone then I think that there is no point in keep the other apps installed...so I would uninstall them once you have confirmed the decision that you seem to be heading towards.

HTH?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello joedionne and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

I would if you don't plan on renewing them but if you do renew one of them make sure you remove the one your not but IMO WSA is very good on it's own here is list of old AV removal tools as it's best to use them as they are both very difficult in removing without leaving leftovers behind! Also look how WSA protect's it's users even from unknown malware https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202#.UvaOhIU_9Xo

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Welcome to the Community joedionne.
Userlevel 7
Hello joedionne, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
@ wrote:
I just  downloaded the trial for webroot and will probably continue the service........
When you see how much faster your computer is running with WSA and the full protection it gives you, I'll bet you'll keep it. ;)
Excellent Security Software and Customer Service. If you have any questions just post them. Welcome to the Webroot Family. 😃
Userlevel 7
So true, David, so true. ;)