Hello - I'm a new Webroot user

• 14 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Does anyone have any advise on best practices for using Webroot?
Yesterday, I received a Dell System problem message - I'm assuming it was bogus.  Later a ransomware message took over my pc.  I hope I stopped the threat before it got to me but how do I know for sure?  I installed Webroot and ran a scan.  Everything looked good.  Anything else I should do?

Sue

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Welcome, @! Thanks for joining us here on the Community :cathappy:

Here are some tips from the Ransomware Page on our Website:
  1. Back up your data. Unfortunately, ransomware can attack cloud storage services and network drives. Create a physical backup on a DVD or portable drive, and keep it in a secure location that is disconnected from your computer.
  2. Practice good computer habits and cyber hygiene. Make sure your operating system and applications are patched and up-to-date. Hover before you click to make sure you know the end destination of links. Change your passwords regularly, and always use strong passwords.
  3. Use antivirus software. Prevent ransomware from getting on your computer by using software that can block phishing sites and other malicious online destinations. But, beware of free security. You get what you pay for.

If you believe your Computer is still infected, you will need to work with our Support Team directly.
Send a Support Ticket

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT

I hope you find this information helpful!