Hey yall

  • 29 December 2012
  • 7 replies
  • 24 views

Hello I just joined here and ik this is to introduce yourself but I have had webroot for 4 years now and I have loved it. Anyway latley I have ran into a couple of problems. 1. The scan would take up to two-four hours are more to do. And 2. When i do the scan i get this to show up multipal times in the box   "Informational: Section matcher buffer2 expanded to 1340928 bytes". Sometimes it shows up are red lettering and sometimes black does anyone have any idea what this is? Thank You for your help!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello jmacg77, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
 
I see that you have been running Webroot for 4 years. Have you run the Webroot removal tool from the old version of Webroot before installing WSA? I would uninstall WSA and run the Removal Tool.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Two-versions-of-Webroot-installed-at-once/ta-p/6914
 
Make sure you save your keycode to WSA. Do a clean install of WSA: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe
hi protruckdriver nice to meet you. I have done that a couple of times. And i still have the same troubles
Userlevel 7
Since this is the Holiday Weekend I would suggest to start a Support Ticket. Support is open 24/7. Explain what is happening to Support.
 
https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jmacg77 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.
 
TH
Userlevel 7
Please let me know when you have Opened a Support Ticket and I will send log gathering instructions.
Userlevel 7
Red lettering in a scan windows sounds suspiciously like debug mode was enabled in a very old version of the software. That first link ProTruckDriver posted should remedy the problem. His suggestion may sound familiar, but I'd suggest going through the steps in that first link just to make sure everything that has been suggested there has been done. The support case would still be the recommended course of action otherwise.
Hey guys sry for the long reply but I did report the problem to webroot so now I guess its a waiting game.

Reply