Hi from UK

• 9 April 2017
  • 1 reply

hello
I'm an old gamer/pc hardware background. I'm not very keen on ' Free Games" except I play Warthunder.
english not my first language but i'll try my best and I'm sure you will try to get the exact flavor of what i'm gonna post in the next days.

try to think and balance if Webroot is the right tool for me, using 14 day licence will stay there, I guess Webroot help in this days is,let's say, vital . Don't like remote and cloud since I'm using a PC (which stand for personal computer). I have nothing to hide but privacy should remain private at least a part of it.

Trying to find a good security even if is a combination of 2.
Using win 7/64 OS.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Petemark4

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please take a look at our Getting Started Guide to help you orient yourself in the Community. It is in English but hopefully you will be able to understand most if not all of the contents.

The Community is here to help user of WSA, and those who are thinking of becoming users, with issues & questions about the product & security in general...so please feel free to ask.

Also, and more importantly, Webroot offers, as part of the subscription to WSA, free technical support to all users with an active/current subscription. This can be about WSA issues and/or security-related issues...that is very good to have and they are rated as one of the best support teams in the business.

Whilst WSA runs as a client on your PC (I am a PC user too) unlike more traditional security solutions all the work is done in the Webroot Cloud which means that (i) there is no need to download signature or definitions, (ii) the Cloud-based database is always up to date & current & (iii) WSA is very light on your PC's resources. I can also advise that only minimum data is transmitted back to Webroot, and that for the purpose of protecing your system, etc.

Also to help you with understanding WSA please take a look at the online help HERE. It is written in clear language & well illustrated.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick